Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #1  

Default New!! Hallo there. weight watchers thoughts??

Hey hey everyone. Hope you're having a good day! I am getting real with my weight loss goals... once again hah. Anyway my name is Melissa I am 30, live outside of philly alone with my great dane who is the love of my life.

I reluctantly bought a pair of size 18 jeans and COULD NOT BUTTON them without lying down so here we is. I have quite a bit of weight to lose off my 5'4 frame Trying to be realistic to start but of course I want to do it 'for real' this time and get back to my tiny high school weight lol. And I always start off fine and lose 30 lbs and then PLATEAU and give up. it is so frustrating so I think a community to keep eachother going is a GREAT thing.

I decided to do something different and I wonder what you guys think...trying weight watchers for the first time. I'm not sure it is for me to be honest but after that jean incident i whipped out my credit card willy nilly and dropped 60 bux on a membership. I am used to counting calories so this points thing is pretty darn frustrating. I am UNWILLING to give up my daily starbucks right now as I just cant. Maybe in the future but restricting does not work for me... but losing 15 points for 300 calories is making me very very cranky. I've already lost 7 lbs in a little over a week and it really is no wonder since when i do the math on my calories they are coming out between 1000-1400 which is way too little to start out.

sigh.

what do you guys think about counting pts vs calories? i totally get the sentiment behind making BETTER choices but it's not realistic for me to cut everything to get the most out of my points, i feel
LissaMpre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hi Melissa, welcome! I'm about your age and am originally from not-too-far from Philly. I bought my first, and last, pair of size 20 pants just before I decided it was time to get serious about weight loss, so I can totally relate. You should be so proud of yourself for taking this next step!

I don't know anything about Weight Watchers, but I believe there is an active forum for it on this board that you should check out for advice.

Welcome to 3FC!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/200/120

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaMpre View Post
Hey hey everyone. Hope you're having a good day! I am getting real with my weight loss goals... once again hah. Anyway my name is Melissa I am 30, live outside of philly alone with my great dane who is the love of my life.

I reluctantly bought a pair of size 18 jeans and COULD NOT BUTTON them without lying down so here we is. I have quite a bit of weight to lose off my 5'4 frame Trying to be realistic to start but of course I want to do it 'for real' this time and get back to my tiny high school weight lol. And I always start off fine and lose 30 lbs and then PLATEAU and give up. it is so frustrating so I think a community to keep eachother going is a GREAT thing.

I decided to do something different and I wonder what you guys think...trying weight watchers for the first time. I'm not sure it is for me to be honest but after that jean incident i whipped out my credit card willy nilly and dropped 60 bux on a membership. I am used to counting calories so this points thing is pretty darn frustrating. I am UNWILLING to give up my daily starbucks right now as I just cant. Maybe in the future but restricting does not work for me... but losing 15 points for 300 calories is making me very very cranky. I've already lost 7 lbs in a little over a week and it really is no wonder since when i do the math on my calories they are coming out between 1000-1400 which is way too little to start out.

sigh.

what do you guys think about counting pts vs calories? i totally get the sentiment behind making BETTER choices but it's not realistic for me to cut everything to get the most out of my points, i feel

Hello and welcome to the site, Melissa!
Diamond1 is offline   Reply With Quote