Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230 / 229 / 150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello, from this fat chick

Hi everyone! After months of not being able to commit, the start of the new year has convinced me to finally get serious about losing weight. I'm excited to be here!

Being a "fat chick" is actually still sort of new to me. I didn't grow up overweight. Far from it, in fact. I was a star track athlete all through high school and college and remained relatively fit into adulthood.

Four years ago I had my second child and my body did not bounce back the way it did the first time. I got depressed over it and gradually stopped caring about being in top shape. Food was a great comfort, so I ate. And ate.

I gained weight quickly, but I'm on the tall side (5'9") so it wasn't too obvious right away. But eventually there was no hiding it. I had to buy bigger clothes. Bigger jeans. Bigger bras. I got comfortable being large and just accepted it.

About a year and a half ago I received what should have been a huge wake-up call. For the first time ever, I stepped on the scale and the first number was a 2. I told myself I would go on a diet and start working out again. That lasted about two weeks.

It was during Christmas a few weeks ago that I decided it was time to make a change for my kids. They're 8 and 4 years old and full of energy, and I want to be able to keep up with them. My husband (who's a fairly big guy himself) agreed to lose weight with me.

Yesterday I weighed in at 230 lbs and for now I'd like to get down to around 150. I think my biggest challenge is going to be my appetite. To put it simply, I just love to eat and I'm always hungry. The foods I especially like are also the kinds that tend to make me pack on the pounds (Did someone say brownies?). If anyone has any advice in this regard, I'm listening!

I apologize for this being a bit of a long read, but I think sharing my story in detail is helpful for me. I look forward to talking to and learning from all of you as we make this journey together.
JadeTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi, JadeTigress! Welcome to 3FC! Congrats on getting back on the weight-loss horse.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

Hello, fellow soldier!

I hope you're doing fine. I see you're having a huge goal in front of you.
Dream big or go home, they say.

Are you signing up for some challenges?

Looking forward to succeeding together!
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote