Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #1  

Red face Hiya Everyone, Kate here.

Hiya Everyone,

My name is Kate. I'm a 26 year old single mother that is currently working full-time for a major retailer and going to college to obtain my associates degree in health science.

Due to manic depression, depression worsened by rape, and since the second trimester of a twin pregnancy I have been battling with my weight. When I was 28 weeks pregnant I miscarried one of my sons, and began to feel like a failure as a woman and mother, those feelings hit harder when I went into premature labor with my remaining son. After all of that I started to negate my own health, mentally and physically, and just decided none of it mattered anymore. I've tried a couple fad diets and would drop 20-30 pounds, but gain it back because I simply couldn't find the motivation nor desire to continue on the proper path. This year my long term boyfriend and I broke up while he was deployed and I quite a few epiphanies since, which has made my perspective on everything change drastically.

I've finally realized I need to quit letting my past dictate my every action from my health to my romantic relationships. That I need to take back the power I've allowed to be robbed from me for so long. To do that I've decided to speak with a professional about my past, as well as to begin to lose weight and become the woman I was before I allowed my fears dictate everything. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and not recognizing the woman looking back at me.

Everyone in my family except my grandmother is very unsupportive of my decision, constantly making fun of me and telling me there is no way I'm going to lose the weight or that I'm merely doing to act like a whore. So I am mostly looking for someone to keep me motivated along with my own willpower to prove a flock of jerks wrong.

I currently weigh 220 pound and intend to go down to 150. It'll leave me with another 40 pounds to lose before I hit my recommended weight, but I prefer my body when it's in that weight range and I think it's a reasonable goal.

Anyhow I look forward to hearing from all of you soon. Thank you for your time and best wishes on your journey to a healthier and thinner you!
lovealwaysk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 175

Best of luck to you!
I am so sorry to hear of all the difficult times and experiences you have been through.
You are right, you can do it and prove all those nasty people wrong!
Be strong and put yourself first!
I wish you the very best!
healthyin2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/157/132

Anyone can lose weight healthily. You made a right decision when come here. God bless you!
caokycuong is offline   Reply With Quote