Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

Default Me and my fat - together forever

Hello, guys.

I finally decided to turn my life around and start eating more healthy. And then I got hungry and said I'll start tomorrow. I repeated that story a lot and here I am at 212 lbs. I'm an over-eater, addicted to candy and I most probably have an eating disorder. God, it feels so good to being able to admit that to someone, even if you're a bunch of strangers.

I managed to keep my weight at bay with sports, but I gained the last 20 pounds working at a new stressful job that doesn't leave me with much spare time and makes me stuff my face even more than usual. Last months I've been feeling very disappointed and disgusted with myself.

I hope to make some friends, lose some pounds and gain some self-esteem. I'm not comfortable talking about my food problem with my friends, because I don't believe they can fully understand what I'm going through and I'm afraid of being judged. I was also thinking about therapy, but that'd also mean making myself vulnerable. I really really don't know who to turn to.

I know all the diets, all the right food, I read too much about it already. I have a problem with self control and slipping into denial very often. I don't stick to any decisions I make, which leads to feelings of worthlessness and self pity. If crying would help you lose weight, I wouldn't have a problem.
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

You can do this. You really can. You just have to start and do the best you can. When you mess up, start over. One bad day won't mess up all your progress as long as you start right back. There are a ton of diets, but I'm just doing basic calorie counting now, and it's working really well. I spent my whole life feeling like I was stuck with my fat, and now 38 pounds of it are gone. The other 42 are heading out of here as well, because now I know I am capable of losing it and ready to be fit for the first time in my life.
Good luck! This forum is full of great people. I also use the Lose It app for support, and many people use My Fitness Pal. They are worth a shot for sure.

Last edited by LesGetFit; 11-08-2015 at 03:57 PM.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #3  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

I am a broken record about this, but it really has made all the difference in my life -- I tried to kick my sugar addiction many times but it wasn't until I started meditating daily that I got the resolve and inner peace that led to a permanent change in my eating habits. It was like night and day - before I had to white knuckle my way through cravings, withdrawal symptoms and disordered thought processes. Now, living sugar free and addiction free is as easy as breathing. I don't want it, I don't need it, I don't use food to self Medicate anymore, nothing. Meditation has literally changed my life.

Apparently studies have shown that daily meditation helps weight loss, which was a welcome side-effect for sure, but I was mostly wanting to eat normally and be healthy. I have achieved those things and it took less than 6 months of daily, dedicated effort. I sometimes cant believe how far I've come in less than a year.

I wish you all the best on your journey.

Last edited by Raisin5Cookies; 11-08-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #4  
Aleta

S/C/G: 160.2/156.4/125

Height: 5' 6.5"

Welcome! Glad you're here! You know, therapy really does help. Once you can make that final step of opening up and getting over the "feeling vulnerable" it's all downhill.
Kitiaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #5  
banned

yeah its good
abdofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:40 AM   #6  

Thank you all for the kind words and for sharing your planns. I would be happy to hear some of your motivation techiques. How do you say 'no' to delicious unhealthy food? How do you avoid eating when your nervous? Or how do you get your *** of the couch when you're tired from work and family? What do you say to yourself?
Old 01-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #7  

I logged in, introduced myself and forgot about everything I promised myself. What a shock. I wasn't careful at all during holidays and I'm afraid I gained even more weight.

So here I am ... starting again today. I hope can get myself to do something sporty today for starters. Wish me luck.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Fire- it happens to all of us. The key is knowing you didn't get started right. Put one foot in front of the other, and then just keep moving forward. I have good days and I have bad days. I just vow to have way more good then bad!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #9  

Default You guessed it - I didn't disappear because my diet was going so well

Hello, guys.

I finally decided to turn my life around and start eating more healthy.

AGAIN

So, I logged in, lost 5 pounds with the help of you fine people. And then slipped back into denial and gained 25 pounds over the last two years.

I know that for american girls 200 pounds is the big scary number, but for us metric chicks it's the 100 kg (220p). So that's where I've been for the last year. Over 100 kg.

And you know, for most of the time I say to myself I look pretty ok. I am happily married. My partner says I'm beautiful all the time. I'm healthy. I have a nice job. So what if I'm a little curvy.

But there are also times that I feel like an ugly monster. Times when it hurts to bend down to tie my shoes. Times when I'm embarrassed in front of friends that I can't walk a few flights of stairs.

Times when I look outside at the nice weather and feel guilty that I don't have the energy to go out. Sometimes I think about the good old days when I was a teenager or in my early 20s and

I went skiing all the time. I loved skiing. I ran a marathon. I was so proud. I'd love to feel something like that again.

So, instead of my New Year's I'm gonna make a Halloween's resolution. Starting now I promise to you and to myself,

- I will walk 3 hours per week.

- Will only eat candy (and similar junk) max 1 time per week in moderation.

- Will not eat after 7 p.m. for at least 6 times in a week.

A lot of times over the last year I made this plan and it lasted a few days. Today I'm writing it down so it is official.

Wish me luck, my internet friends.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:39 AM   #10  

Hello,
Want to share one story from my life. My sister is fat, really fat. I'm not a skinny girl too, but the situation is not that bad. I'm writing this because I'm really worried about her. She eats everything. She eats all the time. I even don't remember a moment when I saw her doing something else than eating. But what's more awful, she started smoking weed. I'm looking for a rehab center for her because I think we have no other choice. Found some options at Addiction Resource.
Of course, first I'm looking for free rehabs as we don't have much money for other options. Would be happy to receive someone's advice.
FunnyFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Funny Fat Girl. Welcome to 3FatChicks. I'm sorry to hear about your sister and the bad unhealthy habits she has developed. It's great that you want to help her, but in reality, she has to want this. I doubt very much that she is happy like this. She would probably like to be thinner but her habits have taken over. Do as much as you can for her, talk to her and see if she will open up to you to reveal what is driving this. Lead her toward healthier food and support her as much as possible.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote