Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191.4/191.4/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Day 1!

Hello! I am brand new to this forum and am grateful to have found a place that I can check in about myself, and others, while on this journey. My reason for getting here is fairly "garden variety". I have always been a glutton for refined carbs and was able to avoid much weight gain from them until I began two medications. Long story short, I have gained 30lbs over the course of the past three years and am both switching medications and beginning a low-carb diet as a "kick start" and detox. I hope to gain support, insight, and simply a place to visit on this forum .
kamcpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/222/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi & Welcome =])

medications, supposed to help you but have some not-so-great side-effects, huh? Sorry about that...

But Yes, a low-carb diet is a great way to get back to where you want to be; so many here have had great success with it. I myself lost 8 pounds the first week, and I am shooting for 5 pounds a week, hoping to be 150 by Christmas , but I am not going to stress over it as it took me years to get this heavy and so I know it will take time fore it to come off to; I just have to stick to my myfitnesspal diaries and my daily rowing and it will come.
Cikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243.50/227.50/190

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hello Kam and welcome to this site. Tomorrow will be my day 4 on my own diet which is different from your's but nevertheless I find it to be important to me to be accountable and report my progress as you do. Good luck and stay posting.
Karrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 PM   #4  

Cikan, yes, the negatives of these meds have finally outweighed the good. I wish I had made some changes sooner but hindsight is 20/20 . I'm happy to hear of your success and that I'm not alone. Patience will be key for me as well, as even though medications affected my metabolism, it still took time to steadily gain.

Karrine, good luck to you as well! The accountability and support is a novel idea to me, I have always gone things alone so I look forward to trying something new!
Old 09-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Kamcpherson, You are going to love the support you get from this site! It is so much better than going it alone! As for meds, yeah, I gained 50 lbs in 6 months after starting meds (many years ago), so I can relate. Good for you on making the decision to take the weight back off! I wish you the best!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #6  

Thanks, Jacqui! I love your quote, by the way. That's one of my biggest motivations for a lot in life .
Old 09-10-2015, 05:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5ft 3in

kamcpherson xx
skinniminiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote