Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #1  

Default Hello :)

Hi everyone!

So glad to be here! I have been struggling with weight issues all my life. I have been underweight to a little overweight, like maybe 10 lbs overweight until I had a baby and that's when the weight really packed on! Alot! And it wasn't stopping all due to more poor eating habits. I lost the weight on my own made up diet but then gained a lot back when I was dealing with personal family issues. I have no idea what I weigh and honestly I am afraid to know the number

So, I decided now I need to make a permanent change. I ordered a new bathroom scale, kitchen scale and I bought a low carb diet book. Im still not sure what plan to follow, I joined weight watchers years ago but never stuck with it and then that's when I went on my made up diet. So, I have the program info pack still. Im getting an Atkins book in the mail and I also picked up a can of slim fast just to use for one week until I get everything settled on what type of plan to follow. I actually was going to start the slimfast today, I had one shake but my husband is going to cook on the bbq tonight so I decided to forgo the diet for the rest of the day lol

The most important things going for me to get started is that I am ready and motivated! I also need surgery but I won't have it done until my weight goal is met so that factors in too.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello !
Tinsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tinsel! I'm a big believer in doing what works for you, as long as it's healthy and does work, and your made-up plan may be the best thing for you! If you've lost weight before, you can do it again, and it sounds like you've made a great start, including joining 3fc! Take a look around and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:57 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Hi Tinsel! I'm a big believer in doing what works for you, as long as it's healthy and does work, and your made-up plan may be the best thing for you! If you've lost weight before, you can do it again, and it sounds like you've made a great start, including joining 3fc! Take a look around and jump right in! Good luck!
Thank you so much for the encouraging words and the warm welcome Jacqui! you are wonderful !
Old 08-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #4  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Tinsel! welcome... enjoy that BBQ, and then settle in.. sounds like you are getting your bearings and heading the the right direction. let us know how it's going.
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:25 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesecakeBrownie View Post
Hi Tinsel! welcome... enjoy that BBQ, and then settle in.. sounds like you are getting your bearings and heading the the right direction. let us know how it's going.
Thank you so much Cheesecake!! I appreciate your support
Old 08-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #6  
Succeeding!

S/C/G: 234/Ticker/174

Height: 5'3"

Tinsel,
Welcome! It sounds like you are getting ready to get on track, so great job for taking that first step. I am not really on any type of program either. I use the my fitness pal to help track my calories and carbs, but I have been focusing on a lot of healthy proteins and more veggies, little to no junk food. Trust me, I was a junk-a-holic all day long. Just by making better choices and walking a nice 1-2 miles most days (not crazy fast or strenuous) I have lost 11 pounds in a month. I also cut out soda, which was hard, but good on so many levels. Just start with the small changes if that helps, in case you are worried about jumping in full throttle. Remember, some success, even small is much better than no success from giving up in frustration. Good luck with starting!
Shannon
stren003 is offline   Reply With Quote