Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #1  

Default I don't even know where to begin :(

I have an eating problem...

I use food as a feel-better tactic. I use it as a reward. I use it when I'm bored. And despite wanting to NOT eat... I do it anyway. I even sneak unhealthy food so that nobody knows just how poorly I eat.

A few years ago I lost about 50 pounds.. and gained it all back through bad eating and lack of exercise. Doesn't help much that we are a low-income family that cannot afford a gym or any of the programs that my other friends get to subscribe to.

I'm really hoping that I can find some supportive and non-judgemental support here. I need to make a change... but I don't know where to start. I just don't feel strong enough.
saitiffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Saitiffeh! I'm so glad you've joined us! This is a very supportive, non-judgmental community, so you've come to the right place! You don't have to feel strong. You just have to take one baby step at a time. You joined here and that was tremendous! Now take another step (of your choosing). For example, stop yourself from eating one unhealthy food that you were about to reach for, or take a few extra steps today than you normally would take. Little things add up! You've lost the weight before, so believe you can do it again, because you can! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

hi saitiffeh, welcome to 3fc! I think at some point in our lives we have all turned to food for comfort! My husband offered me ice cream last night 'cause I was feeling super low about something! So there you go Worry not, you have come to the right place, you will find some amazing people here who will guide you and give you some really great advice and help you focus on losing weight and dealing with whatever issues you have that are making you gain the weight in the first place!
It's exactly like Jacqui_D said, it's one step at a time. All small wins will lead upto the big goal so hang in there and watch every choice you make. If you're low and want to reach for the cookie, take a deep breath and reach for the bottle of water and walk away! Or better yet, imagine yourself eating that cookie in front of a mirror.. NAKED! I used to do that and trust me it helps! You dont need a gym membership either, there are plenty of people working out for free.. go to your nearest park/beach and walk/jog/stretch/dance/move! just start somewhere, you'll get back on track! you've lost 50 lbs before, you know the drill, just start somewhere! good luck!

Last edited by kittystarlight; 07-30-2015 at 06:12 PM.
kittystarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:10 PM   #4  
persistence is the key!

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Welcome and best of luck on your journey! (This forum is a great way to keep on track and everyone is super nice) xx
perennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 PM   #5  

You've already began! You admitted that you have an eating problem and you're here.

My philosophy is that weight loss happens primarily in the kitchen, and other gains (such as strength, endurance, and stamina) are made through fitness. At the end of the day, though, you ultimately cannot outrun your fork. So if eating is your problem, a good look at your overall nutrition and how you could adjust your habits around how you use food would be a good next step.

That said, if you're also looking to get into fitness simultaneously...you can work with what you've got sans expensive gym membership. Get out and go for a walk. Wog, jog, run, whatever you can do to increase your overall activity level. Not into cardio? No problem. Use your bodyweight (squats, burpees, push-ups, etc) or lift/move with other things you have around the house.

Whatever you can do to increase your activity for the day, do. But be careful not to over-do it either. Enjoy whatever it is that you choose to do. You don't want to burn yourself out with activities you hate to the point that doing it feels like another chore.

Welcome, by the way!

Last edited by emilyFIT; 07-30-2015 at 10:45 PM.
emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 AM   #6  

HI I am in a very similar situation! I lost 50llbs but it's gradually creeping back on, the worst thing is looking at a double chin in the mirror! I think everyone's right, you've come to the right place, time to get back on track! I just bought some safe herbal diet pills to kick start my weight loss this week. I too use food as a reward, when I'm bored etc so I know exactly how you feel. It's good to remember that we already know we CAN lose the weight, it's just a matter of getting in the right head space and getting organised about eating plans. I know how hard it can be as I too am on a low income and often get to the end of the month and it's just loafs of bread to eat all day. It's all about planning I guess. Well, here's to losing that 50llb again, one step at a time, or as someone said to me "one meal at a time"!.
sammy112 is offline   Reply With Quote