Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #1  

Default Newbie needing motivation

Hello there,
I have stumbled across this site tonight and am looking forward to chatting here about all things food, health and fitness.
I live in Sydney however I am currently in the USA for a year due to my husbands work. I am working from home and I am struggling with the sedentary lifestyle and have started some terrible habits including snacking and very little exercise!!

Time to make lifestyle changes!
Travelling Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:44 AM   #2  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi travelling Bee...

what are you snacking on? first step, keep snacking but switch it up to better options. Can you go for a couple of walks during your day?
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #3  

I do so well until around 4-5pm and then I snack on anything in the house, bowels of cereal, chips, toast, It's frustrating because I feel that I just need to hang in there a little longer in those last few hours.

I can pop outside and I should go for a couple of walks. I do in the morning normally.
Travelling Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #4  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Yes, evenings are evil and that's when I'm most tempted too. Drink lots of water to feel full, make smart choices for breakfast.

Do you have a pedometer or fitbit? It measures your steps and it's kind of fun to track, since I started using it I try to "beat" my average and it encourages me to walk just a bit more.

Good luck!
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Height: 5'6

Ahh, that's when my munchies hit me too! I usually crack open a book to read or find some activity to keep my hands busy and my mind off of food until I can sleep.

(You said last few hours, I'm not sure if you meant sleeping or if you eat dinner that late. My dinner is early so that I burn off a few of those calories before laying down for the night)
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:18 PM   #6  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello Travelling Bee! Welcome to the forums

As a diabetic I learned that I need to plan snacks into my daily routine. Instead of trying to wait for dinner or lunch, I know that I will need a snack in between and am prepared for it. Usually a piece of fruit and a slice of cheese is enough to tide me over.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Travelling_Bee! Glad you're joining us! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote