Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #1  
Fit by 50

S/C/G: 243/243/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Ready to take responsibility for my health (and dress size)

Yesterday I watched hours of Bunheads. (Gilmore Girls fan) I forgot how much I missed dancing - and how good of shape I was in - AND that it was my favorite exercise, because it never felt like exercise, but worked my whole body. I was never in dance classes or a professional dancer, I just loved to dance. In college, I would go out dancing 2 - 4 times a week. I had a great body and was in great shape (looking back).

Now, nearly 20 years and two C-sections and an illness later, I'm past the point I said I would never allow myself to get to. I hate exercise and the fact that it's so incredibly hard now does not help. I haven't had a core in almost 13 years. because I haven't tried hard enough. I find excuses.

So, I decided I need to stop whining and do. And I need accountability, because I lack willpower and stamina.

I'm looking for a buddy to help me stay motivated, who is going through the same crap as I am - so I can help them too. I'm also looking for others who started where I am - very overweight with almost no muscle tone - to being able to dance for hours again. Especially dealing with the core and belly fat issues. How do I get my core back and fight the belly fat in particular?

I don't do crash diets. I know I need to watch what goes in my mouth and cut back on the cola. I also know that my main enemy is laziness - or lack of energy at the end of the day.

I work full time, 6 days a week. I come home to two kinds I need to feed and I prefer to cook them dinner. By the time I get to relax, that's all I want to do. How do I get myself to turn "me time" in to "exercise time" and still get to unwind? That's my biggest excuse - no time and too tired.
BabyMama37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

BabyMama37! My daughter keeps telling me I need to get a Wii console and the "Just Dance" exercise game for it. She said it's not like exercise and it'd be so much fun, even if I did look really awkward doing it, lol! Maybe something like that would be an option for you. Or you could just go to youtube and learn some new dances on there. That's how I learned "The Wobble" for my daughter's wedding reception, lol! I'm sure you can find a way to incorporate dance into your day! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: /

Height: 5'4"

I'm not married or have any kids (I'm only 21!) but my mother has pretty much the same problems you have except you work an extra day of work per week.

What she does is she has worked out the chores with my father so that he has a bit more of the burden allowing her more time to herself when she get's home. The thing is that this is heavily dependant on how cooperating your husband is.
amyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #4  
Fit by 50

Thank you both for responding.

Amy - as far as my other half - he's rarely home before 11 at night, so not much help there. I think that when my kids are home I will try to take evening walks with them - and I'm trying to figure out how to get them bikes so we can ride too.

Last night I got home around 6:30, was hungry, so ate dinner. I did really well on my caloric intake yesterday, but admit being a bit munchy (although I resisted). I relaxed for a bit and finished watching Bunheads (cute show, but the writing really sucked toward the end - no wonder it was cancelled). Then I made myself do it - I pulle dout my old Jenny McArthy "YourShape" for the Wii. OMG am I out of shape. I huffed an puffed my way through the assessment exercises and then through a 15 minute workout - so about 25 mins overall. I couldn't keep up 100%, but I didn't let myself stop and sit any of it out. I was pretty proud of my sweat afterwards.

Tonight I won't get a chance to work out because I have a 3 hour drive to get my kids and bring them home after work. But, I expect to be at it (exercise of some kind) tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #5  

Yay! Good for you! Keep it going!
Old 07-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #6  
Fit by 50

Hmpfh. Apparently the 117.4 was an anomaly. Actually at 119.6 and holding. So, a pound lost. Didn't exercise like I should have this past week. It's so hard to fit it in when the kids are home. BUT, I have leads on a couple of bike for the kids, so hopefully I will make myself workout this week while the kids are gone and will be able to take bike rides with them when they come home. I'm still trying to be aware of what goes in my mouth, but admit the weekend was difficult.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:59 PM   #7  
Fit by 50

I just realized my last post was off by 100 lbs lol

Update:
I lost 5 pounds!

I've successfully cut my Coca-cola intake down to 2 12 oz cans a day (and no more) and drinking water the rest of the day. I keep my soda a work so I don't cheat at home.

I started taking my metformin again, which my doctor has me on, not for any sugar reasons, but PCOS reasons (I believe - she hasn't come right out and said it, but she keeps me on it to prevent diabetes, because my mom has it, even though my levels are normal - AND mostly because it seems to keep my cycles regular). Since being back on it, the weight just dropped suddenly. I had lost 2.5 from increasing my exercise - we did a LOT of walking during some summer family trips. I'm also not feeling as hungry lately, which really helps. I've been keeping spicy chips (usually multi grain) near me for my crunchy salty cravings. I can only eat a few at a time, so it keeps the snacking at a minimum.

How have you all been doing?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #8  

Congrats on your 5 lb loss! It sounds like the metformin is really working out for you, so yay! Keep up the great progress! As for me, I'm plugging along, lol!