Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-02-2015, 11:37 PM   #1  

Smile Hi, Im Christy Need Support

Hi everyone, Im new here and never been on a weight loss support site, but this one seems awesome. Some really great photos and success stories.

Ive struggled with my weight all my life. I never thought I would be this big though It has rendered me disabled, and I need both knees replaced now.

I lost 125 pounds in 2004 and kept it off for 5 years. Then my husband passed away, and I think I stayed in bed a year and gained 100plus pounds.

Now Im trying to lose it to avoid getting the stomach surgery I went through the process of having it done, the test, classes Insurance, but I backed out.

So Im trying it again on my own. I just need some help and encouragment

Im going to have a look around

SatinPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Christy! You can do this! I understand you have bad knees, but the good news is you don't have to exercise to lose weight! Exercise is wonderful for fitness and other healthy benefits, but for losing weight, all you need to do is control your diet. The fact that you've lost 125 lbs without surgery means you know how to do it, so you CAN do it! This is a great site and you'll gets lots of support here. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Hello Christy! I think that for help and encouragement, you've came to the right place. I'm pretty new too and have found this community so helpful.

Sorry to hear about your hardships. But I take it as a good sign that you want to do something good for your body? Luckily the modern knee replacements seem to be pretty incredible. My mother, who is quite obese and generally sedentary, has had her both knees and a hip replaced, and after the knee surgeries she was on her feet within days!

Like Jacqui D above says, weight can be lost without exercise. And also, there are forms of exercise that are very gentle to the knees, like swimming and water running.

Good luck!
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:14 AM   #4  

Thank you ladies. im still having a hard time getting around the forum I just found these post
SatinPirate is offline   Reply With Quote