Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/207.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Default New - Hoping for encouragement

I am 55 years old. Have been overweight most of my adult life. Tried everything - Weight Watchers, calorie counting, no carb, etc. I am now on day 4 of Optifast - is is working great!! i can do this part - lose the weight... the hard part is keeping it off.. been up and down 50+ pounds time after time my whole life.. so very scared that I will not be able to keep it off this time.... I am so tired of being fat, just want to be normal and healthy.. This portion of the Optifast program is working for sure - need to make when I get to the last part of the program - maintenance - that I keep with that. That will be the struggle. I know how much these groups help, and who wouldn't love to join 3 fat chicks on a diet - sounds like my kind of people!!!

Last edited by addisjo1; 06-06-2015 at 08:50 PM.
addisjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: I currently weigh 220

Height: 5'4

Hi, I'm new here too. Goodluck on your Optifast journey. I'd like to learn more about Optifast, I need to lose a lot of weight but I haven't decided on a diet yet.
UWSMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #3  

Optifast is great so far.. they have shakes, soups, and protein bars. Plus you have 3 servings of vegetables and 2 fruits a day, and lots of water. I am very new to it, so can't tell you much so far, but I will keep you posted!!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

A warm welcome to both addisjo! and UWS mom! I wish you both all the best with your goals.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
A warm welcome to both addisjo! and UWS mom! I wish you both all the best with your goals.
Thank You Tai
Old 06-06-2015, 10:13 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisjo1 View Post
Optifast is great so far.. they have shakes, soups, and protein bars. Plus you have 3 servings of vegetables and 2 fruits a day, and lots of water. I am very new to it, so can't tell you much so far, but I will keep you posted!!
Thanks for the info Addisjo1

Is Optifast expensive?

Are you in a state of ketosis?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:47 AM   #7  

Hi guys,
Addisjo, I am also keen on doing a diet that involves shakes. I feel it takes the hassle out of deciding what to eat, and it's very black and white what to have each meal.

Do you have shakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
How do you prepare your veges?
How have you been managing hunger pains?

UWSMom, maybe the 2 of us should join her!
nickii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/245/175

Height: 5' 9.5"

Good luck!!!!!
plus size librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #9  

Default Optifast

I am very fortunate that the company I work for pays for almost everything... It is $795 to join and then the drinks/soups/bars are about $3.25 each. If they didn't pay for all but 10%, there is no way I could afford it. With my plan you can have 4 of the products each day, then 3 servings of vegetables, and 2 servings of meat. Also they want you to drink A LOT of water... Hunger pains come now and then, but it is mostly the mental part I have to fight.. I have a voice in my head that says "FOOD, FOOD, you must have FOOD" LOL. I went through my first weekend on the plan and am so happy to say I did it - no cheating at all. That was even going to a graduation party. I won't lie and say it was easy, because it wasn't.. but the scale going down is my reward. I will be doing the shakes/soups/bars only for 8 weeks, then will be reintroduced to a better way of eating, I think it will be part real food and part Optifast.
You are all so nice.. I appreciate you talking with me!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #10  

Smile

and Nickii -

That is the exact reason I started this - the no options part! I like having the serving sizes already there for me, and so there is no thinking about it, or deciding one more bite will be ok. I usually have water in the morning, then a shake about 10am, followed by water, 12:00 either a bar or another shake, water, 2pm the opposite of what I had at noon, and then at about 5pm, I have the Optifast soup (surprisingly delicious!!) I usually add veggies to it, because I don't like most veggies and that is a way to sneak them in.. that leaves me 1 to 2 servings of vegetables for the rest of the night as well as 2 servings of fruit.. So I am eating/drinking often through the day, so it does help with the hunger. Tomorrow is my first weigh in day, and I am hoping for the best!!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:23 AM   #11  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisjo1 View Post
and Nickii -

That is the exact reason I started this - the no options part! I like having the serving sizes already there for me, and so there is no thinking about it, or deciding one more bite will be ok. I usually have water in the morning, then a shake about 10am, followed by water, 12:00 either a bar or another shake, water, 2pm the opposite of what I had at noon, and then at about 5pm, I have the Optifast soup (surprisingly delicious!!) I usually add veggies to it, because I don't like most veggies and that is a way to sneak them in.. that leaves me 1 to 2 servings of vegetables for the rest of the night as well as 2 servings of fruit.. So I am eating/drinking often through the day, so it does help with the hunger. Tomorrow is my first weigh in day, and I am hoping for the best!!
Fingers crossed for you on your weigh in! I bet you did great.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #12  

Was thrilled to be down almost 8 pounds!