Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #1  
Started IP May 14, 2015

S/C/G: 290.7/240.3/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Greetings!

Hello all! My name is Tara and, once again, I am trying to lose weight.

A little history: I have always been an overweight girl, but things spiraled out of control in my late 20's. I got up to 370 and was completely embarrassed and out of shape. A co-worker of mine got a lap band and I realized that our insurance would cover it, so I investigated the surgery and visited doctors. After 6 months of nutritional counseling, I had the surgery in August of 2008. After it was all said and done, I lost over 170 pounds between losing weight o prepare for the surgery and after having the band itself. (I NEVER had a fill, either!)

Fast forward a few years later. I am now married and we have been struggling with fertility over the past few years. Last March I had my lapband removed due to difficulties. I regained weight throughout our fertility struggles due to depression over a miscarriage and a failed IVF cycle this fall. We decided to do FET (frozen embryo transfer) this spring with our two remaining embryos, but the fertility doctor told me that I have gained too much weight and must get my BMI down to a minimum of 37 before she can clear us with a good conscience to do the FET.

She suggested that I go on the Ideal Protein diet. I have been on it since May 14. At my appointment yesterday, I found that I lost 11.1 pounds since beginning it.

I am looking forward to losing this weight and learning to eat healthier so that I can hopefully become pregnant later this year.
Tarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Tara! I am so sorry for your miscarriage and fertility troubles, and I wish you the very best with your weight loss and FET! Congrats on the weight you've lost so far and good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #3  
Started IP May 14, 2015

S/C/G: 290.7/240.3/190

Thank you so much, Jacqui!
Tarier is offline   Reply With Quote