Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-24-2015, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'4"

Default New and Discouraged

Hi.

I am in my mid-20's and just survived my first year as a high school teacher. I am super excited about that, but I'm also really frustrated with the mess I've gotten my body into in the process.

At the beginning of the school year, I weighed 120 pounds. As of today, I have reached 156 and counting. I feel like no matter what I do, I can't lose weight. I'm getting married in less than 2 months, and I've already resigned myself to feeling fat on my wedding day because I know I'm not going to drop much weight that fast and might not even fit into my dress.

I really, really hate myself for letting this happen. I'm such a perfectionist but it's like I can't get motivated to get healthy again. I don't want to try and lose all of the weight in a few weeks. I know that isn't possible if I want to have sustainable (and safe) results, but I'd at least like to get started toward feeling better about myself and my body.

Please tell me this is possible.
MrsT15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:01 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Totally possible! You can probably pull out 10-15 lbs in 2 months being safe.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

If you crack down, you could lose some weight quickly! Don't despair!

I think the Perfectionist thing works against perfectionists as well as for them (us) because once we aren't doing something perfectly, we are like, "Well, it's all shot to **** now," and we kind of give up.

Don't give up. So you screwed up a little. Big deal. It's not all shot to ****. Just start over. You'll get there.
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #4  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

I agree with what has already been said but even if you think that you wont be able to get that far the fact that if you do have a much better and healthier diet you will at least FEEL so much better and that in turn will help you to have a much happier and brighter you for that big day.. so which ever way your on a win..win programme.
Deep breathe MrsT and get into it a.s.a.p. and show us some very happy and wonderful photos of your big day! Yay!!
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

MrsT15! You might be surprised at how much weight you can lose in 2 months without fad supplements, etc. I'm 54 and I've lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks, and 2 years ago I lost 20 lbs in 2 months. Of course, I have much more weight on me to begin with, but you are younger and your metabolism is probably much better than mine. I'm on a modified Slow Carb diet, but lots of diets work, and with any diet, you'll probably lose quite a bit of weight in the first 2 weeks because your body sheds water pounds. After that, you will probably lose 1-2 lbs per week. If you are counting calories, just don't make the mistake of eating too few calories. It seems like a good idea, but that can stall your metabolism. I wish you the best! Think positive!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all so much! I am feeling much less discouraged just from reading your replies. I'm going to start pushing myself to at least get going, even if it's just a start before the big day. I'm sure that reading and posting the forums will help me stay motivated, so I hope to see you all around!
MrsT15 is offline   Reply With Quote