Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.6/234.6/130

Height: 5'5

Default Hi!! :)

Hi! I am new to the forum and starting a new life today. I have struggled with my weight since college, losing, gaining more, losing, and ballooning again. I am hoping this time I can take it off and keep it off. I have a daughter who turns 3 in a couple of weeks and want more energy to be able to play with her that I don't have now.

I am on a medically supervised low calorie (900 calories day) program to begin with, which I know will be difficult for the next few days until my body adjusts.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community.
AngelOnHorseback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #2  
Janet

S/C/G: 267/234/140

Height: 5'11"

Hello and Welcome! You've come to a good place with lots of supportive people.

I am on a medically supervised 700 calorie a day diet - basically all I eat are protein shakes. It is hard the first few days but then once my body went into keto it was easier - no hunger at all.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Leith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #3  

Thank you Leith, and I am happy to hear things will get easier! This morning I found I was still very hungry, but I can handle it for a few days until I enter ketosis (so?). I am on 2 shakes a day and then a no carb, portion controlled dinner. I know the end result will be worth it
Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #4  
Janet

S/C/G: 267/234/140

Height: 5'11"

The end result is definitely worth it - great attitude! Make sure you drink lots of water too because that helps your body get rid of the fat you are losing.
Leith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 90.9/88.6/80

Height: 163cm

Hi and nice to meet you. I'm sure that there will be plenty of support and advice here. I'm new too but I've joined a couple of challenges and ppl seem very nice
Jodaleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #6  
300+ Chick

with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #7  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

welcome!
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 259/222/140

Height: 5'3"

I just started over again on the Ideal Protein diet. High protein low carb. Tomorrow will be the end of my first week. Talk about a challenge! I am looking forward to a healthier road though and i have a positive outlook that i can do it. Ill let y'all know how to do with weigh-in tomorrow morning. First week is always the highest, and i know I also felt a little swollen when i started lol.

We are all here for ya if you need a little boost and encouragement.

Dora
Corazon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone

Corazon, I think what I am doing is similar to the ideal protein. I am seeing a local doctor run weight loss clinic. They sell protein packed meal replacement shakes and various food and snack stuff. They also have an all food plan. I chose the shakes to begin with for the convenience. I'm not sure what forum to go to as it is a stand alone clinic, not a chain.

The shakes are bariatrix vhp meal replacement. 35 grams protein per shake. My snacks are to be mainly protein (ie 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/3 c hummus with cup veggies). Dinner is 3-4 oz meat with 2 cups low glycemic veggies. No carb and no dairy beyond cheese and yogurt. Is that similar to the ideal protein?

Five days in I'm showing an 8lb loss. I don't go for weigh in at the clinic until May 8 so their scale may show different. I know the loss will slow down soon as my body adjusts. Most of the weight loss is likely water.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:52 AM   #10  
ASB

Hi Angelonhorseback, welcome, I'm new here too and looking for some support and accountability on my weight loss journey, it sounds like a nice place to be. I'm from Australia so I haven't heard about these shakes but your results sound great. I'm going to try and design some healthy meals (I'm a shocking cook unfortunately) but am going to add in your health snack ideas. Congratulations on your results so far!
asb88 is offline   Reply With Quote