Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2015, 09:09 PM   #1  

Default 40 next week

Hi all! I am so glad to have found this forum. I really need help losing weight and am hoping some comaraderie will help! I will turn 40 next week. I weigh 285 lbs, and was 330 lbs after having my eighth and last child. I have really let myself go, and I hate the way I look. I never buy clothes or have my hair done, or anything for myself, because it's too embarassing. I cannot step in front of mirrors, except in my own bathroom, where the mirror is hung high so I can only see chest up. I have gained weight with each child, and tried to lose it here and there, unsuccessfully.

I have a fabulous family, my husband loves me despite my appearance, and I am so grateful for that, but it is absolutely time for me to lose this weight!

I am 5' 11" and very large boned. When I was married, at 20 yrs old, I weighed about 185 pounds and wore a size 10, which was perfect for me. It sounds heavy, I know, but I looked good at that weight, and that is my ultimate goal for now. Although, honestly, I would be beyond thrilled to be 230 lbs!

This is an exciting journey! I am glad to have you all to share it with!

Last edited by 8greatkids; 04-24-2015 at 09:10 PM.
8greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #2  
Janet

S/C/G: 267/234/140

Height: 5'11"

Hi and Welcome! There are lots of nice people on this forum who understand the journey you are on and are very supportive. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Leith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #3  
Weight Loss Champion

WELCOME! I know that feeling too. I started at 295 lbs and now I'm roughly 231-233 range, and its so difficult, I really hope I reach 200-210 before summer. I'll keep you guys posted in hopes that you find motivation from it.

Last edited by healthyfitlife; 04-26-2015 at 11:25 PM.
healthyfitlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote