Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-21-2015, 05:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Returning after 3 years....

Hello all.

I should be a success story. I was last here May 2012 apparently. I have glanced at some of my early posts....I had just started running, and I was still paleo/low carb/ketogenic in those days.

Long story short. Went plant based, low fat. Lost all the weight, got my life back, took running seriously, started running with walk 1 min, run one min, did 5 km, then 10 km, then a half marathon, then another, a marathon and a 50 km ultra...I even gave talks about running and weight loss.

And now it is all going to custard. I am going the wrong way. Weight is creeping slowly back up, and the running is dropping away.

Help!

I am back here for accountability and friendship.

I am 52 years old, mum of 3, one in his last year at school, one at university, one grown and flown. We are shortly to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and I so want to be heading in the right direction again by then...eating right, not stuffing myself with trigger foods, not overeating, and above all.....running again.

So hello folks. Here I go...holds out hands to find other hands to hold on the journey.
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:12 AM   #2  
kilo by kilo

S/C/G: 95.1/91.9/70 (209/202.6/154)

Height: 170cm

Hi there,

You did amazingly well with your weight loss and your running, well done!

I am also back and was probably at my lowest, happiest and most focused three years ago too (just worked it out as it's a friend's third wedding anniversary today and I was feeling fab on her big day!)

I am now back to fat and unfit but ready to take the challenge again and little by little find and keep the 'other' me....

Let's both make today a good day
stepbystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #3  

Hi Step, together we can do this...we've done it before, we can do it again! I lost 40kg the first time round, and I have about 10 to go again.

One day at a time!

Just to let you know....I may be out of step (!) with my posting as I am in a way different time zone
Old 04-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

back! and for getting back on track and not giving up...You done this before and you certainly can make it happen again. Good luck to you with your running efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #5  

Thank you for the encouragement Lilliann. It looks like you are just starting out? Congratulations on making that first step. It's all down hill from here!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:11 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

Welcome back!

Any idea where it is going wrong for you? Activity or food or ?
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #7  
kilo by kilo

S/C/G: 95.1/91.9/70 (209/202.6/154)

Height: 170cm

Don't worry about being out of step

I get used to it!

Breakfast here and it's an egg morning, yippeee! I am really enjoying planning and cookking and then enjoying my meals and snacks at the moment.

I saw a KG disappear on the scales this morning, I know it's beginning water/air/whatever moving on out and that it won't keep up, but hey, a loss is a loss and it's given me great resolve to keep it going!

I got within 10KG of my goal last time around, maybe 8away and that's when I got really lazy as I already liked how I was so lost focus. This time I'm determined to take it slow but reach healthy BMI for my future health

Have a great evening/night!
stepbystep is offline   Reply With Quote