Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #1  

Default Here I go - need to lose for not just myself but for my kids!

So lately I have had to face facts. I'm 30 years old, 5'3" tall and 270 lbs. The heaviest I have ever been. I have always "carried my weight well" for what it's worth. When I graduated high school I was about 160 lbs and wearing a size 5. My build is a bit "goofy" I suppose but this is ridiculous. I have gotten lazy and I'm willing to be honest about that. I find it to easy to grab fast food for lunch many days of the week. I am making poor choices and not caring. I have consumed 4000-5000 calories a day on my worst days. Wow.

My daughter is in kindergarten. One of her friends made fun of her because her "Mom is fat." She said "That's not nice, we don't talk about people like that." And her friend said "So what? It's true." Ouch. It is true. That's the sad part. For other reasons as well, this little girl isn't the "nicest" anyway and she can go blow (if that's OK to say about a 6 year old LOL!) but it is true. I'm fat. Even if those close to me, and myself, don't "see me" in such a light, I am very very fat. My daughter was sad about it but mostly for me, because she said she thinks I'm beautiful. My daughter is a doll. Ironicly she has a very petite build and is strong and active so I hope she never struggles with weight as I have.

So here I am. Cutting out all fast food. Cutting back (a lot! - but I can't give it up completely LOL) on my beloved wine. Cutting back to one diet coke a day at lunch but nothing but water otherwise. Eating more salads and fruits and veggies and watching the empty carbs. Getting outside more now that it's spring and hiking with my kids and being a more active parent in those ways. Gotta start somewhere!

Kate
KLKZ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kate!

I totally understand about wanting to be the best for your kids. I am going through that too. It looks like you are on the right track with your plan. I think no fast food will be a huge improvement not only on your weight, but how you feel. I have the hardest time eating out now that I am trying to lose weight, even at "healthy" restaurants. Eating at home, I can stay closer to my daily goal.
I am 34 and I have gained 100 lbs since I was in high school. Getting back to that size is not my goal, but it is a motivator. Good luck on your journey!!!
snootson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #3  

Thank you! I do hope that these seemingly "minor" changes will get me feeling better and moving in the right direction for weight loss. I have always felt like I'm fairly healthy even if I'm overweight but when I think of my diet habits and especially over this past winter, lack of exercise, that's just not true anymore. I don't need to be thin, I will probably never be thin, but it's daunting to know I need to loose 100 lbs now really to be even considered "overweight" even though I know if my weight was 170 I would look pretty good based on my past.
KLKZ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Goodluck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote