Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Height: 5'6

Default I have to lose this weight. :(

I'm currently 20, I turn 21 this year, and I'm attending college in the fall.

I'm excited, but so worried that it's making me sick.I weigh 270 pounds right now. It's not necessarily the weight itself I have an issue with, I'm used to it, it's the fact that I have NO clothes for college.
I don't mean, "Oh no! I don't have any cute dresses in the colors of my school!".
No, I mean I literally don't have clothes. I have one uniform I wash every other night for work, the outfit I got interviewed in, one kinda casual outfit, and then a few different PJ shirts and bottoms. I don't have going outside clothes, I have PJs. I seriously can't find clothes that fit me in the clothing shops around here, and most online plus size clothing costs too much for my meager budget. I'm freaking out. Since I was 6, I've been on the chubby side. I was chubby all the way up until puberty. At that point, a lot of stress and depression was involved and I started gaining fast. I gained over 100 pounds in around 6 years. I need help to lose this weight, and I don't have anyone to turn to for support.
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:15 PM   #2  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

You need to find four or five neutral pieces that mix and match. Walmart has limited cute pieces but you can always hit clearance racks, goodwill's, and even yard sales!
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #3  
300+ Chick

Hello... with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Thank you guys.
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:41 PM   #5  
Weight Loss Champion

Yeah tell me about it. Once I lost most of my weight, all my clothes look super baggy now LOL. That will be a highlight for you once you reach your goal . I still haven't reached mines yet sadly =(. good luck!

p.s welcome =p
healthyfitlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #6  
Starting the Journey

S/C/G: 243.2/226.8/143.2

Height: 5'2''

Hello, and good luck!

I, too reached a point where, for the second time, none of my clothes were starting to fit. I'd stopped dressing myself "nicely" and just had to buy the sad sacks of what fit...but I was really getting tired of that. I was such an awkward size to shop for and it was getting really frustrating.

All that to say: I understand, and I wish you all the best in achieving your goals. April - September is pleeeeenty of time to slowly start changing your habits and to really start reaping the benefits. It seems like we'll all have a great support system here as well.
ayrenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/300/122

Height: 5'4''

i also do not have clothes, am tired of searching for my size in shops, I do not go out because no clothes to wear.
We can lose the weight girl and have a lot of options when it comes to dressing!
4meandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/235/150

Height: 5'8"

I totally understand how you feel. I have a few sets of tops and trousers I wear repeatedly until they go into holes, or are so faded it's simply unacceptable to continue to wear them. I don't think I have a single item of clothing I truly feel comfortable in.

I dread being invited to a wedding or some dressy evening event because I have nothing to wear to these sort of things, I hate to shop and have a limited budget too. So wherever possible I just make excuses not to go.
nowtnewunderthesun is offline   Reply With Quote