Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-23-2015, 03:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/172/142

Height: 5'2"

Smile Starting Tomorrow

Hello All,

I just won a contest at my work where I went from 194 pounds to 162 in 8 weeks. It was on a fad diet that is not particularly supported by most people on this forum. But, I followed the strict diet for 8 weeks, mostly, and was even able to add exercise in the last 3 weeks.

It's been 10 days since I left the diet and I knew the gain would be rapid. At first I gained back about 15 pounds within 4 days. Now I have leveled off to about a 10 pound gain a week and a half later. While I still was able to lose 22 pounds in 8 weeks, I was shocked at how fast it came back.

Tomorrow I am going to begin Atkins and am looking to lose about 2-3 pounds per week. I have followed Atkins before and it works for me. I do not want to lose weight so rapidly this time and have so many dietary restrictions. I will add 30 minutes a day on the treadmill (I was up to 2 hours for the contest). And, I am giving up coke and coffee additions such as flavored creamer.

I am hoping to post a blog, but my work schedule does not allow me much extra time.

Your posts have all been inspirational and I am looking forward to providing and receiving support from all of you here.

Thanks for reading!
Walk it off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #2  

Can you tell us what "fad" diet you were on so some of us might want to use it for a bit in between our other "losing" efforts.

Thanks so much!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #3  

Checking in with you today since today is your "start" day. Wondering how it's going?
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome and best wishes on your WOE.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #5  
300+ Chick

Hello...Like your name! Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote