Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default Life long dieter/binge eater checking in...

Hi all,

I have been reading around for a few days and I wanted to jump in and say hi

I have never known anything else than being in the overeating / dieting cycle. Food and my body image is always on my mind, as it has been for the 30+ years of my life. It's always there.

It's all or nothing. I can stick to a self-imposed strict diet, but one cheat is enough to send me into weeks or months of daily bingeing.

I am struggling to get out of it but it's hard to know the difference between not bingeing and restricting. Moderation is not an easy concept for me.

I had the same problem with alcohol (family history there, too). I've been sober for 14 months now, which I am extremely proud of. But it's easier to step away from alcohol than it is to step away from food.. since we still need to eat.

I am into self-development and self-reflection, but I am not sure if I can sort this out on my own...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to read and learn more here
equanimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #2  

I can't post links yet, but reading the "letter to myself before a binge happens" by sensualappeal just made me stop eating..... relief! Thank you so much.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi equanimity and

Please know that you are not alone in this. I have reverted to my old binge / diet cycle lately. I managed to stay out of it for 1.5 years after living in the cycle for 18 years. I am struggling too. Taking it one meal at a time.
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 AM   #4  

Thanks for your kind words thinin08!
I hope you will be able to turn the tide again too! 1.5 years is impressive!