Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #1  

Default Hola!

Hello everyone,

My name is Katherine and I've decided to finally join a community in hopes that reading about other people's stories as well as sharing mine may help with my weight loss.

I'm 23 years old and 5'7" and the last time I stepped on the scale (2 months ago), I was around 150 pounds. I don't really wish to weigh myself again, but I imagine my weight has probably crept up to closer to 155 pounds since the last time I weighed myself. I don't really have a problem with weighing this much, but I feel really bad about myself since at my lowest, I was around 138 (age 21) and I've gained about 10 pounds since July alone. My jeans from last winter don't really fit me (thank God for leggings and skirts), although most of my work clothes do. I'm afraid if I stay on the same trajectory, I'll have to buy new work clothes and that's something I really don't want to do (nor can I afford it).

Even at 138 pounds, I was always trying to lose weight. Weight loss wouldn't be such an issue for me if I didn't binge on cereals and cereal bars and such. Many times, I've removed these items from my apartment, but then re-purchase them a few weeks later since I think I can control myself (I never can.) Generally, I've found I have to stay away from snacks completely, because I can't have just ONE or two cookies, or a handful of Cheez-Its...I have to eat the whole thing.

I'm getting back on track starting tomorrow morning (I attempted to yesterday, but then I blew it all today when I started off the morning with a bowl of oatmeal in addition to a slice of lemon pound cake, chocolate cake, a Coca-Cola, and close to 1/2 a bag of honey Cheerios...WTF?), but I know I'll need support to make it through the holidays without doing too much damage. Fortunately, I've recently become a coffee-drinker and I think my seasonal flavored home-brewed coffees should get me through the holidays without feeling too deprived.

So that's all. I look forward to posting here and hope I can draw inspiration from some of y'all
kann221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

kann. At your height & weight, seems like you are a Featherweight! (Lucky girl)

Glad you joined us! You sure aren't the only one who can't eat just one cookie! Hope you find support here - there are so many nice folks on the Forum!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote