Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #1  

Default hi peeps, new girl here, and i'm hopeful

already i've read some posts on here that sounded like this is the place i want to be, and saw some people who have had some significant losses. maybe this is the kick in the butt i've been needing.
i'm in the 250 ish range- maybe i'll get on the scale tomorrow, but when i weigh this much i figure it doesn't really matter.
i'm so tired of starting and failing, i hate myself, i hate my body, i hate my life. i have to change. i have to get down to a more reasonable weight. i want to love being alive again. how did it all go so wrong??

i'd love to hear what are your motivations, and what keeps you going when it's so easy to fail.
i'm looking forward to hearing your stories, and making some new friends along the way. i have quite a journey ahead of me.
ivanabskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #2  

so question... how often do you get on the scale?
Old 11-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #3  
Always Dreaming

S/C/G: 160/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabskinny View Post
already i've read some posts on here that sounded like this is the place i want to be, and saw some people who have had some significant losses. maybe this is the kick in the butt i've been needing.
i'm in the 250 ish range- maybe i'll get on the scale tomorrow, but when i weigh this much i figure it doesn't really matter.
i'm so tired of starting and failing, i hate myself, i hate my body, i hate my life. i have to change. i have to get down to a more reasonable weight. i want to love being alive again. how did it all go so wrong??

i'd love to hear what are your motivations, and what keeps you going when it's so easy to fail.
i'm looking forward to hearing your stories, and making some new friends along the way. i have quite a journey ahead of me.
First off, welcome!

Many people here have tried many times to lose weight, myself included. For me personally, I just wasn't ready to commit. This time I am. You'll find plenty of support here to help you reach your goal.

As for your scale question, I weigh in every day. However, I know this isn't a good idea for everyone. Your weight fluctuates every day because of water weight, and that may discourage some people. It just really depends on how you will do with it.
DraconicDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #4  

Thank you so much for your kind welcome! I'm determined to keep myself on 5 lb. Mini challenges until I've won this war. I'm going to weigh daily and face the music. Too much of my life has been with my head in the sand. It was so nice of you to reply, thank you, again.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

welcome!! I found that getting on the scale every morning kept me on track. You learn what makes you gain and what makes you lose.
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome!

I found that a once-per-week weigh-in was more than enough for me. Now that I've been doing this for a while, I only weigh in once per month -- though that is kind of contingent of my own good behavior. I don't really need to weigh in to know I'm doing ok, I can tell by my clothes and I know what I've been putting in my mouth. If I started backsliding, I would go back to once per week weigh-ins to help keep myself in check.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #7  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Welcome!!

I think we all have the experience of failing at weight loss, its the strength to pick yourself up and get back on the wagon when you fall that matters. My motivation was alot of things combined I have two little boys who deserve a mum who will run around with them, I recently lost my brother to a heart attack - ( he was not overweight and quite healthy ) but I could feel everyone looking at me and thinking shes next. My parents don't deserve another child dieing. But I think ultimately you won't change unless its for yourself, and my motivation is total vanity lol I want to wear cute clothes lol.

I weigh once a week, sometimes twice. Staying on plan is easy when you find the right plan for you, I'm very busy with two little kids so find the 5:2 diet easiest for me I calorie count on the other days but because those days are higher calorie I find it easy to eyeball it but when I stop loosing I go back to logging my calories to keep myself in check. Also I've found a great group on here and log in almost everyday.

Good luck!!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote