Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'10

Default Re-Introducing myself

I have been around for quite awhile but occasionally drop out when life gets busy and I forget to sign on. I am now 59 and needing to lose 80 lbs. I sit at a desk all day and go home too tired to exercise. I've just recently dropped out of Weight Watchers because I was playing a game with myself and simply paying to step on the scale each week - but only on the weeks when I thought I'd show a loss. Other weeks I'd weight in on Monday and Tuesday - Thursday eat and Friday - Sunday try to diet but if I didn't lose weight I'd just not attend the meetings. So now I'm going to try to watch calories and perhaps WW points myself and get more exercise. I look forward to participating more than I have in the past and hope that it works this time around.
GaDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Glad you're back with us.

If you're counting calories, MyFitnessPal (online or mobile app) is a great tool and I hear LoseIt is similar.

I have had success so far with setting rewards for myself that I only get if I consistently log my calories every day. I don't beat myself up over not losing weight, or even for not meeting my calorie goal. I just keep logging, and when I eat too much I find that I notice it more because I'm logging, so I'm not as likely to keep overeating for days in a row.

Not sure if that's helpful for you - but best wishes either way!
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote