Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #1  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello Hello from Pennsylvanis!

Hiya! I'm Allison, I'm 28 years old and I'm looking to (finally!) lose about 150 pounds.
Waaaay back (2002-2003) my mother signed me up for LA Weight Loss (without telling me, she's a real peach). I was only in 10th grade, but after quitting the swim team I'd packed on the pounds and was up to 203 pounds. I'll never forget looking at that number and vowing to never be that fat again (ha!).
I really succeeded with LAWL, I got down to 159 pounds and a size 6/8 and then we quit going. Needless to say, I eventually got fat again. I went off to college a size 10/12 and came back a 16, which isn't too bad, but I wasn't smart enough to stop myself and say "hey chubs, why don't we cut back on the cookies and replace a meal with salad for a couple weeks and reassess".

I gained and gained and gained and gained. I had the desire to lose weight but I just didn't have the motivation.

When I met my husband in 2008 I was about 250 pounds. I vowed to never gain that newlywed weight (ha!). When we got married in 2010 I was a street size 18.
When I had our first baby in 2012 I topped the scale at 299 pounds! I was mortified. Even though I only gained 11 pounds with my son, I hated that I was so heavy.
After he was born I had no plans for weight loss, I was breastfeeding, so that was my priority until he decided he was done with that at only 10 weeks old. I was heart broken, but I bounced back by finishing a Whole 30!

That's right, no grains, no sugar, no legumes, no dairy for 30 days! When I started the Whole 30 I was already back down to about 280 and when I finished I was a svelte 260. Just in time to get knocked up again.

I gained 22 pounds with my daughter, who was born in February of this year and my weight has pretty much lingered in the 280s. I tried back in June to do another Whole 30 since it worked so well for me before and after 30 days I had lost 1/2 pound and 1 inch total! I was so pissed off, but it probably had everything to do with the fact that I was still nursing full time.

Now we are down to nursing twice a day and I am hoping that I will be able to finally get rid of all this weight! The real turning point for me was my son playing at a McDonald's play place. He turned to me and said "mummy! come here, I need help!" and he wanted me to go down the tube slide with him. I was able to, but only laying down and it was a struggle to get out of the slide without smothering myself in my giant boobs.
Not to mention my little brother is getting married in March and I really don't want to be the fat sister. I'm the fattest person in my family, no lie. Out of ALL of my cousins on both sides, I am the heaviest by a long shot, no one else even had chubby days, they are all long and lithe. Needless to say holidays and family dinners aren't easy when you're short and fat and everyone else could be a model.

Anyways...I spent this past weekend piecing together what I had left of my LAWL books with what I've found here and I am already on day two of Take Off and I can't wait to keep going!

I have a goal weight of about 140 pounds and a dream weight of 130. TBH, I'd be happy at 150, so I'll have to see how I feel when I get there. DH and I are considering a third baby and I really want to be at a healthy weight because I want to try a VBA2C and for that to happen, I need to be at LEAST 100 pounds less than I am now, at time of delivery.
My plan is to do my *******ized version of LAWL and get to Zumba at least 2x a week to start. I have a kettlebell at home I use for strength training.

Here is a before picture:

This was back in May, I was probably *slightly* heavier than I am now.

So, Let's get this party started!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Welcome to 3FC!!! It sounds like you have a great plan in place going back to LAWL since that worked so well for you before. I hope you'll stick around. This is a wonderful and motivating place to be.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #3  
Counting bites!

I hope I stick around too! Thanks for the welcome
Old 10-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #4  

Default Welcome

Hello I am originally from Pennsylvania Quakertown.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #5  
Counting bites!

hi! I'm a western pa girl myself, I've actually never been further east than Gettysburg. Thanks for the welcome!