Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'5

Default Today's the Day - I Hope

Hi everyone,
I'm 32 and weigh 230 pounds. Up until 5 years ago, I was a fit and healthy person. Then I moved out on my own and my portion size and fast food habits got out of control. It's time for a change, but I'm so scared to mess with the one thing that comforts me and makes me happy: food. I feel so pathetic typing that; I have wonderful family and friends, yet food remains my best friend. I got married a year ago and the transition has been rough, and food has been my go-to. The gaining of weight has affected my confidence, which is affecting my intimate relationship with my spouse. I need to change, and it needs to start now. I don't know where to begin, but I think this forum might be a good first step. Thanks for reading - I hope I can also help others in their journeys too.
skinnytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #2  
13lucky13

S/C/G: 195

Height: 5'3"

Default Me too!

I also need to make some changes. I have always been overweight but I started a new job recently and I added another 20 lbs to my burden. I also feel comforted by food but I know this is unhealthy. I am not sure why I act this way but it needs to stop. Good luck in your journey!
It will be hard to figure it out but worth it!
13lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.4/262.7/190

Height: 5'11"

My work place always has food everywhere. I have gained majority of my weight from my job too. My will power sucks
mrswilkins17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #4  

I can relate to your statements about your relationship with food. It seems to me that while the focus for many of us is correctly on the calories and exercise, there is little support for the emotional and psychological which is also sorely needed. Not only do I want to change my body, I want to change my mind and how I (my brain) interact with food.
BlueMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #5  
13lucky13

S/C/G: 195

Height: 5'3"

So true, I also have limited willpower but that just goes back to changing the brain.
13lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote