Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/182/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello from Colorado

Hi all

I have occasionally lurked on the 3FC Board-mainly looking for low carb ideas/recipes.

Now I'm back and serious about losing weight.

A quick history- pretty normal weight as a child and even into early adulthood. I'm 5'9" and weighed between 125-140 through college, marriage and until I became pregnant with our first child when I was 30. Fast forward 11 years and now as a mom to 4, I weigh 182 lb. much of the extra weight I am carrying around was gained many years ago when I was pregnant with our oldest.

I'm just tired of carrying around the extra weight. We are done having kids, so it is time to focus on getting ME healthy.

As a family we are pretty active, I usually get in 3-4 workouts a week (jogging, pilates or weights) added to that are family walks, bike rides, etc. And who can forget that ski season is coming up.

My goals are to step up my workouts, cut back on carbs (and total calories) and have the discipline to stick with it to actually lose the weight. I'm going to try it on my own with diet and exercise for the next couple of months, and if that doesn't work, I'll be seeking professional help.

I wasn't quite sure which forum to join- I seem to have a bit more weight to lose than many of the feather weights...

Thanks
Skibreck
Skibreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:35 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I commute between ISprings and GWSprings. Yesterday when I came over the passes the snow is sure moving down.

I've found that the daily support here has really helped me to work on my goals consistently, instead of being off then on....in that old pattern.

Look around a bit....there are so many forums that I'll bet you will find what's right for you.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibreck View Post
A quick history- pretty normal weight as a child and even into early adulthood. I'm 5'9" and weighed between 125-140 through college, marriage and until I became pregnant with our first child when I was 30. Fast forward 11 years and now as a mom to 4, I weigh 182 lb.

As a family we are pretty active, I usually get in 3-4 workouts a week (jogging, pilates or weights) added to that are family walks, bike rides, etc. And who can forget that ski season is coming up.

My goals are to step up my workouts, cut back on carbs (and total calories) and have the discipline to stick with it to actually lose the weight.
I wasn't quite sure which forum to join- I seem to have a bit more weight to lose than many of the feather weights...

Thanks
Skibreck
Skibrec! Sounds like you have a good plan in mind! Since you are already active, (I can tell by your user name what your sport is!) you're not starting from zero!

I too was normal weight until my 30's, it's a different mindset, the weight (especially post-kids) kinda surprises you.

I was told a Featherweight is anyone who thinks they are a Featherweight. Don't worry about what sub-forum to join, you'll be welcome anywhere.

Good luck!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote