Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-10-2014, 02:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'5

Default New here...

I'm new here and new to weight loss. I mean, I'm not new to WANTING to lose it, but I'm knew to focusing on it and making it a goal. I have been overweight basically my entire life and it's an enormous insecurity and barrier in my life that holds me back greatly. I don't care about being skinny or thin, or dieting, I want to have a better lifestyle and I want to get to a healthier weight so it can stop holding me back. My weight is an enormous shame for me… I am so ashamed. I hate even meeting people in person because I feel like they will see me differently because of my weight. My weight blocks out the real me and it really sucks. I'm such a different person on the inside than what I am able to express on the outside.

I definitely have a problem with overeating and eating the wrong kind of stuff. I can do so well, and then I break and go eat that entire bag of chips telling myself "this will be the last time". AAHH. I'm also a student and very low income, so sometimes getting healthy food is difficult and I end up having to buy something high calorie and full of fat because its cheap and will keep me full longer than something low calorie. On a day where I have 5 dollars to eat, buying a salad isn't the best plan. It's tough. I'm going to be looking for work, so hopefully that area will get better. Self control is so hard for me though, it always has been in every area of my life honestly. I am too ashamed and embarrassed to seek help or support in real life so I thought I would start off here.
tofubelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

Hi there! starting a new chapter is hard - just remember you don't have to change EVERYTHING all at the same time. start small - like water instead of soda, walking in place during commercials rather than just sitting there. Since you're on a budget - as so many of us are - here's a thread in the forum that might give you some ideas on finding good food even on a tiny budget.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/shoestring-meals-235/
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there! joining this forum is a good first step. There are a lot of like minded individuals here who motivate each other. Don't feel ashamed or embarrassed! Take the energy and change them to strength and motivation. Best wishes on your weight loss journey. I've been here four years and counting! I absolutely love the sense of community on this forum.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed! Don't let your weight determine your self worth. You're an intelligent person pursuing a degree, soon with the added responsibility of a job, that's very impressive. And it is harder to eat well on a budget, don't beat yourself up for things out of your control.

What is great is that you've decided to do this for yourself and for your health! It's not a diet but a way of life. Flip through the Goals section and read the stories. They are very inspiring, and there are some from people who succeeded with limited means. And the support is fantastic. There are dozens of sub-forums linked to everything from age groups to eating plans to challenges. And believe it or not, it can be fun. In any event the Forum is a very useful tool.

Glad you joined & hoping you find the support you seek!

Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/215/170

Height: 5'3"

Default New here

Hi - I am new to this forum. I started IP about 11 days ago. My first weigh in I lost 5.6 lbs - so that's good. I am glad to see there is so much support on here. I know this whole weight loss program will not be easy and I am trying so hard to stick to it. I am staying close to home to avoid temptation, but can;t do that forever so I look forward to hearing how everyone else manages to go out and socialize and stick to it!!
Skyla is offline   Reply With Quote