Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #1  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Post Hello From New York

I wanted to introduce myself seeing as I'm new. I'm hoping to make new friends and find a supportive group I can relate to.

I lost my first large amount of weight for my wedding in 2006. After I got married my weight went back up over time. In 2009 my Husband passed away suddenly. After his passing I used food even more to cope with my emotional pain. I ballooned up to 400 lbs by 2012. I started losing weight after that. I realized I'd spent my entire life being overweight and I'm sick of it and disgusted with myself. As of this week I've officially lost 115 lbs. I still have 130 lbs to go before I finish.

Until recently I was excited to be losing weight and excited to be able to fit into some of my older favorite clothes I'd saved. Like wearing jeans for the first time in many years. But recently I've had some depression. My Dr found I had a vitamin d deficiency this summer. After I started taking supplements my energy level rose so high I couldn't remember ever being that energetic. My only complaint was that my FMS and RA couldn't keep up with it, but the last few weeks I'm feeling tired and my pain is worse like before so now I'm not getting out as much as earlier in the summer. I'm back to how I've felt physically for most of my life.

To make things worse I went in search of past photos to compare my loss hoping for more encouragement and instead I see no difference between then and now except the size on the clothing tags. I suddenly feel very unhappy about how slowly I'm losing weight this time too. I lost it much quicker for my wedding, but I also have to keep reminding myself I was kinda starving myself to lose it then by drinking 1 Slimfast 2X a day and then a tiny salad or something for dinner. I know this way is much healthier, but I'm feeling more and more depressed about it.

I'm hoping seeing situations others are going through will help me feel not so alone in my own weight loss journey.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Condolences on your loss.

I have to detach from my weight loss, I can get super impatient and have to
remind myself that the time is going to go by anyway and it took time to gain
as much as I did, it will take time to lose as much as I want, as well.

I get out in the sun at least 20 minutes a day and expose as much skin as
possible for vitamin d and just being outside lifts my spirit.

Welcome to the forum, I'm fairly new here.
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #3  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Thank you so much, Michelle. I still have rough days, but I'm getting there. ♥

"Time is going to go by anyway." I'll have to remember that. That will help me not to focus so much on how slow I'm losing. LOL Thank you!!

When I had all that energy I was outside almost everyday for hours working on the lawn. Maybe I should take advantage of what little summer/autumn is left before the snow comes. Thank you for encouraging me.

A big welcome to you too then!!
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote