Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #1  

Smile My Very First Post

Greetings!

this is my first ever time on this Site. I'm not a blogger (yet),so please forgive any errors I make as a newbie!

I am a HAPPY eater

I don't sit in the dark with a box of cookies or a pint of ice cream, but I am truly sympathetic to those who struggle in this way.

I just love food! I love trying new cuisines, new restaurants, new recipes. I love going to pot lucks and hosting parties with a great variety of delicious foods. I love sharing food with family and friends. I realize how truly blessed I am.

I even like to "fun" exercise , hiking, dancing, swimming. Hate to run. Hate the boring treadmill.

So, I have committed to this new challenge and am setting small goals for now. I am at 260 and I know that is not healthy. A goal of 50+ or more just seems too far-reaching right now.

Although I love fruits and veggies, surviving on salad seems incredibly boring to me.

How can I begin and keep my sunny disposition? I hate feeling cranky.

thanks everyone!

Sunny
Sunnyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

First of all:

I read your post and smiled! You're exactly like I am. I love food, I love good cuisine, I love cooking, I love them all! And I am not a fan of salad (thought I became creative with it once I started). So my little points to start:

1. Think of your plate like a nice clock. Fill 1/3 with veggies and the rest with food. It does do a great trick.

2. Eat your oil if you need it but I will recommend limiting it two a tablespoon a day. Not more than that. I can give you some tips for that.

3. Now this is something that works only for me so don't follow this if this does not work for you. I only have 2 slices of brown bread maximum a day.

4. No need to go entirely cold turkey on sweet stuff. I have a sweet tooth, so I treat myself to a chocolate or a piece of cake once a week. But not more than that.

4. MOST IMPORTANT! EXERCISE! It helps the pounds to shed like crazy and it keeps your mood even sunnier. If you're not the exercise type start with baby steps. I started with half an hour walking twice a week and now I am going to the gym 4 times a week. It can become addictive.

Good luck and please feel free to PM if you wish to exchange healthy recipes.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/261/180

Height: 64 inches

Welcome sunnyall, there are so many wonderful people and resources on this site. It is a great way to get the support you need and suggestions to help meet your goals. I agree looking to what I consider a large goal of losing 50 lbs can seem very overwhelming, so I like to stick with very small goals.
1. Drink lots of water it helps keep you full and your body needs it. I recently got a water bottle that has a "infuser" part in it so I can cut up lemons, oranges, cucumbers ect ... It has defenitaly has helped me drink water. So that is one small tip I have for now. Small goals work best for me. Good luck on your journey
Mercedes136 is offline   Reply With Quote