Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default The Fat Bridesmaid

So, I've been trying to diet a little, but totally failing. I found this site while looking up information on Weight Watchers. The plan is to try to do Weight Watchers without actually subscribing to the program (I can't afford an additional 60+ monthly).

The hurdles I'll need to overcome include my depression, which I'm currently taking medication for, and having snack foods in the house. I've been successful at cutting out soda even though it's been in the house, but sweets tend to get me cheating and I'm not forcing him to diet with me save for meals I cook. Keeping a steady diet is probably my largest problem. I will go a day or two barely eating anything and then a day or two where I just eat a lot of unhealthy stuff. I've tried Atkins, the HCG diet, and as much as it's horrible to admit, actually throwing up food I've eaten.

The major turning point for me is that I'm in my sister's wedding in two weeks. I had wanted to lose weight for it to at least be smaller, but even that went unsuccessfully. I'd lost five pounds and then gain it back the next week, so really no change at all. This is mostly due to my internal dialogue of "Oh, I'll start that work out program tomorrow", and then tomorrow saying the same thing, or "oh, no more sweets after this one" and then saying the same with the next sweet thing I eat. I'm still in the wedding, but I'm definitely going to be the fat bridesmaid, and that has me feeling worse about my weight than I typically do.

I'm hoping that by signing up for a site that serves as a support group I can keep on a healthy diet, and maybe keep myself more accountable. Anxiety/depression issues tend to result in me avoiding actual social situations (like meetups), so a forum may be a good medium. I use to be very athletic when I was younger (in middle school/high school) and I would like to get back to where I feel good about myself.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC It sounds like you've had a really rough time making your goals stick. I've gotta say this place is really awesome for motivation! I hope you stick around. There's some threads specific to WW around here somewhere, too.

Best wishes for you as you prepare for your sister's wedding, and begin to get healthy for the rest of your life! You can't magically be at your goal weight before the wedding, but you can gain some confidence in yourself in the meantime, and get yourself in the right frame of mind to lose the weight.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I found the WW threads, and the depression sub forum. Haven't posted there just yet as I'm not sure what to post yet. Hopefully through the whole process I can gain some confidence and at least lessen my depression. I had the whole depression bit before weight was ever an issue, but it definitely became worse as weight was packed on.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Welcome! This is a great community and it can be be really helpful. I know that feeling of being stuck and not feeling able to stick to a plan. Most of us have experienced that in some level and can relate to what you wrote. I too have tried many things until i found what works for me. It's a journey in which we must change our relationship with our body and with food, often needing a lot of effort. I suggest that you get to know the foruns and join those you feel may help you. I love the challenges and the support i find in them but each person has their favorites. Good luck!
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote