Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Keeping Depression at Bay

I'm new to the community. Not only am I new here, but new to this type of forum.

A little about me:

I'm quickly approaching 40, have gone through the yo-yo of gaining-losing-gaining-losing-gaining and am now working toward losing and never going back.

I'm a mom of three teenagers. When we moved overseas almost two years ago, I really let myself go. It was the first time since my kids were born that I haven't either been a student or working somewhere.

Much like the first time I began my "get fit" routine, I did not realize how heavy I'd become, nor how out of shape I am until I wanted to go to the beach and needed a new bathing suit.

I have a history of depression, this leads to a VERY sedentary lifestyle. I was doing well until last year. I didn't realize I'd become so depressed, despite my medications.

I decided to start the routine that I know works for me. Exercising and changing my eating habits.

So here I am, looking for support the best way I know how. My family is very supportive too, but I don't have any friends here in Norway and will be moving soon. I need to reach out and find support where I can. I know I can make it, I've done it before, and I know I can't beat myself up over something I did "yesterday".

-justhischristine
justhischristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I'm new here, too!

I noticed when I eat more starchy type carbs my moods are not as bright as when I don't. I do include starchy carbs but just enough to feel satisfied.

My body is my own laboratory, I can do tests with certain foods, amount of food, when I eat, and see how I feel to know what makes me feel my best.

You said you are doing what is best for you, that's great! and looking ahead instead of the past is good, too!

Wishing us both the best of health!
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Welcome Christine!

Sounds like you're off to a good start - eating healthy & exercise. Despite the challenges of being away from friends, and raising three teenagers

But we're here for you!!!!!

Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote