Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/285/160

Height: 5'7

Default Deployment Surprise

Hey y'all! I'm excited to be here and ready to start my journey to a new and improved me! And its all in secret!

My husband is military and he just very recently deployed so I wont be seeing him for around 9 months or so What better time than now to kick my butt into gear and drop as much of this excess weight as possible. Its going to be hard keeping it from him. We're not all that big on Skyping, so thats a plus in this direction and when we do Skype (if its anything like it was during the last deployment) the cameras and the connection sucks so you dont get a very clear picture.

I've tried and failed so many times in the past to lose weight. Mostly because I was dieting and then when I did lose I went back to my old ways. Now its time for some life changes.

I recently found out that I have a prolactinoma and have been put on some medication for it. Side effects are extreme weight gain AND extreme weight loss... I REFUSE the extreme weight gain side effect! I'm also seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist so that we can get all my baby making problems under control and have a baby when he gets back. We're hoping that getting the pituitary tumor to shrink and some serious weight loss that we wont need any other help baby wise.

So health-wise and surprise-wise I am here to make some changes. I cannot wait to get to know all of you lovely people and share our weight loss journeys.
DeploymentDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'5

good luck!! I hope your man is safe also, my husband was deployed last year so I totally get it. Out of curiosity, what do you plan on doing?
SweetLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:36 AM   #3  

Complete overhaul on my food. Usually when my husband is out in the field or deployed I dont cook. I hate cooking for just myself so I turn to fast food or microwavable junk. Now I'm planning my meals and cooking even though its just me.

Where I work there is a Starbucks and I was there probably 3-4 times a week getting a frappuccino and some sort of sweet pastry on top of it. There is also a food court that I was going to twice a week (the days I work long enough to get a lunch break). So now I'll be leaving my debit card at home which prevents me from being able to get all that junk and packing my lunch along with healthy snack options. I'm a stress eater so I've thrown that candy dish on my desk away and now have carrots and celery in my mini fridge and water and unsweet tea instead of sodas.

I'm walking to and from work twice a week (2.5 miles each way) and going to the gym after work the other 3 days. Saturdays are spent chasing my beasts around the dog park or being dragged for a walk/horrible run/gallop hideousness thing they cause me to do. They're big dogs with horrible leash manners. But I'm working on that one.

I've seen a nutritionist and she wants me to have monthly checkups with her and she's provided me a list of classes our gyms here offer so I want to go to one of them regularly, just need to figure out which I can get to with my schedule.

I've started to count calories and keep a journal of every piece of food that goes in my mouth.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'5

that sounds awesome! that's almost exactly what I used to do too lol the PX was the death of me, the food court got me every time lol Are you going to post results along the way??
SweetLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:57 AM   #5  

Thats the plan. I need to get me a new scale to post updates, I think mine is confused and broken. I'm debating pictures. I hate taking pictures, but I know thats because I'm uncomfortable with my weight.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Awesome. Welcome and best wishes on your WOE. Rock it.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote