Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/223/160

Height: 5'4.5"

Default New 50's gal, want my LAST diet ever!

I just turned 51 last month. I have battled my weight the last 20 years, and want it GONE! I also have lots of other health problems (back, knees, shoulder, psoriatic arthritis). I have tried several diet plans without success.

I have two cousins doing Ideal Protein, both with great success! This has encouraged me to give IP a try and that it is feasible to lose weight! My goal is to lose 66 pounds.

I am going to officially start Sept 3, 2014. Need to get through Labor Day weekend first as I will not have access to eat properly at all that weekend. I'm glad to have found this forum so I can start reading up on the plan, challenges, recipes, etc. before I officially start! I have already gone to the clinic and did an initial visit, got a few handouts, and am starting the planning phase.

FYI, I have been terrible about meal planning so we eat out a lot. That is a big part of my weight problems. I am also a stress-eater. I'm never hungry for breakfast (I know, not good) and I'm a snacker all evening. Need to change habits for sure! Also because of my health issues, I am not one to exercise!

Any planning tips would be appreciated! Looking forward to getting to know others here and encouraging each other in the weight loss battle!
MacGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm new here, too! Good health to you!
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi MacGal: I did IP to get back to my ideal weight for my 50th BD. Come hang out at the IP forums, especially the 100% No Cheat Zone, the Daily Chat, and of course the 50+ IP'ers thread. This diet really works and not just for weight loss - for teaching you healthy maintenance. There are lots of inspirational gals on the Maintainers threads if I do say so myself, heheheh.

Hi Michelle Friday! Are you doing IP too? or a different way of eating/plan?

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'8"

Never heard of IP.. but I hope it works out for you.
Fanci7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/218/178

Height: 5'9"

Hello all, I began Ideal Protein today. Wow, congratulations Canajineh on hitting your goal! I'm a 50's gal too, determined to feel better for 55+. So far a good day, but starting to have the evening snack cravings MacGal mentioned. I swear I could eat all night. My coach said to stop eating by 8pm. Did you find one product over another more filling? Thinking that is what I will need to make it until 10:30pm.
Daisyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #6  
Jenlajen

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'5

Hi MacGal, I'm just waiting for my supplies to be delivered and I'll be ready to start. I too am 50. I have always struggled being overweight. I lost my Dad almost a year now and the two years of his illness and subsequent death were good for making a big weight problem even worse. I really look forward to starting and being in touch here for help and support and inspiration-All the best to you!
JENLAJEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.2/175/155

Height: 5'5'

Hello, I just turned 53 and want this to be my last diet and maintain it also. I am doing the alternative IP diet for I am on a budget and really need to lose at least 40lbs. Will see about the 10 other pounds when I get there, and I will. I would like to help anyone who is serious about doing it right this time. Though, I understand that we are human so we are not perfect.I will be starting my diet on SEPTEMBER 7th. Thank you for reading me and I know this is going to be a wild and crazy ride.
sarabithelioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193.2/175/155

Height: 5'5'

Default You started on my birthday

That's so funny, you should start your diet thread on my birthday, I have been dieting for a long time too and understand what you are going through, my sister and a couple of friends of hers did the IP with great success, they are maintaining since july now and love it. I will be doing the alternative IP with products I shopped for, it's a bit cheaper for me. I am on a budget and really motivated. So will be looking forward to seeing you and other newbies such as I here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGal View Post
I just turned 51 last month. I have battled my weight the last 20 years, and want it GONE! I also have lots of other health problems (back, knees, shoulder, psoriatic arthritis). I have tried several diet plans without success.

I have two cousins doing Ideal Protein, both with great success! This has encouraged me to give IP a try and that it is feasible to lose weight! My goal is to lose 66 pounds.

I am going to officially start Sept 3, 2014. Need to get through Labor Day weekend first as I will not have access to eat properly at all that weekend. I'm glad to have found this forum so I can start reading up on the plan, challenges, recipes, etc. before I officially start! I have already gone to the clinic and did an initial visit, got a few handouts, and am starting the planning phase.

FYI, I have been terrible about meal planning so we eat out a lot. That is a big part of my weight problems. I am also a stress-eater. I'm never hungry for breakfast (I know, not good) and I'm a snacker all evening. Need to change habits for sure! Also because of my health issues, I am not one to exercise!

Any planning tips would be appreciated! Looking forward to getting to know others here and encouraging each other in the weight loss battle!

Last edited by sarabithelioness; 09-03-2014 at 07:02 PM.
sarabithelioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/223/160

Height: 5'4.5"

I look forward to support here! I've tried many other diets, but they just don't seem to work for me. I think there is more structure and absolutes with this one! Plus going to weigh in weekly will be helpful. Also, I have 2 cousins that have/are doing the diet and it has worked well for them, so that is very encouraging to me!
MacGal is offline   Reply With Quote