Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-13-2014, 01:55 AM   #1  
IncredibleShrinking Woman

S/C/G: 234/198/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I have a dream... or is that "a goal"... breast reduction!

Hi all,

I've been on my weight loss journey on my own since April and have dropped 26 pounds so far. I've been able to accomplish this by wearing my FitBit religiously and logging my food intake. It's stalled a bit at this point, but I think that's because I'm not moving a such as I should. That and water intake. I was dropping fast when I was guzzling at least 64oz a day. But, I digress...

I of course was tired of feeling fat. Knowing I looked fat. Not wanting to really look at any pictures of me because ew. I'm sure many of you know exactly how that feels! My kick in the tush was deciding I wanted a breast reduction. I've been big in the chest all of my life - DD at 15 -- and have only gotten larger as the years have gone by-- 40G currently. Three children and now approaching 44, and then weight gain over the years...it's taken an obvious toll. I want to feel beautiful in my own skin and I don't at my current weight nor with gigantahuge breasts!!

I saw a plastic surgeon who says I'm definitely a candidate for a medically necessary reduction (read: covered),

BUT...

I need a BMI of 30 or less, which means I can weigh no more than 169 at my height. That said, he told me that I really need to hit my goal weight before I do it. Losing weight after a reduction can really affect the look. So, that means I need to get to 140 at most before I go get this done and I really don't want to have it take an inordinate amount of time to get there. However, I do want to do it safely. 8-10 pounds a month seems reasonable. I just know I'm going to need support, guidance, and an occasional smack on the tush to help get me moving again.

I'm determined and I'm here to join you all in this really transformational journey. I am hoping to make new friends, share my support with you, and join you in our collective walk toward health and wellness.

Thank you all for having me.

Last edited by lorienz; 08-13-2014 at 02:59 AM.
lorienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #2  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

If it is offered in your area...I would look in Optifast. It is the diet I am on and I think it would help with your situation. Talk to your doctor about it, it is a program that is supervised and results in rapid weight loss. A lot of people who are need weight loss surgery or medical surgeries, like your own, have a lot of success getting to their Pre-op weight.
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #3  
IncredibleShrinking Woman

S/C/G: 234/198/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for that! I'd considered doing the Optifast but was concerned about the ability to keep the weight off after transitioning from that program once I reached my goal. I had thought that it would be more likely to keep the weight off if I changed my eating habits and lifestyle to something I can keep doing permanently, rather than just during my dieting/weight loss phase. I'm not sure if that's not the best mindset to have and there are other drastic diets that work and you can keep the weight off, or...

I've yoyo'd in the past and I really want this to stick. I never want to be in the 200's again. I never want to be upper 100's either. It's not healthy for me in any way, body, mind, or spirit.

I'd so appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you!
lorienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorienz View Post
Thanks for that! I'd considered doing the Optifast but was concerned about the ability to keep the weight off after transitioning from that program once I reached my goal. I had thought that it would be more likely to keep the weight off if I changed my eating habits and lifestyle to something I can keep doing permanently, rather than just during my dieting/weight loss phase. I'm not sure if that's not the best mindset to have and there are other drastic diets that work and you can keep the weight off, or...

I've yoyo'd in the past and I really want this to stick. I never want to be in the 200's again. I never want to be upper 100's either. It's not healthy for me in any way, body, mind, or spirit.

I'd so appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you!
Yes! Making it a lifestyle change is the way to go. If you see a diet as something that is going to end someday its easier to give it up. Healthy eating and some exercise thrown in is in my opinion the best way. Treating yourself once in a while isn't a bad thing either. You will find if you eat healthy those greasy salty things you used to eat will taste disgusting. I never thought i could hate a french fry. :P. You boobs may become smaller by loosing the weight. So far i've lost 2 cup sizes and i was a G at one time just like you.
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote