Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm old but new!

I don't know if any of the same people are around, but I was a regular here back in 2006-2007. I lost 110 pounds and reached my goal weight of 165, ran a half marathon, became a running coach, etc. It was wonderful, and quite short-lived. I (happily) got pregnant right after reaching my goal weight. Now it's seven years later and I have an almost-six-year-old boy, a five month old baby girl (yes, at 42), and I've packed on all 110 pounds plus an extra 10. Part of it is bad diet and no exercise and part of it is that no matter what I do I can't seem to lose weight after my 2012 gall bladder removal surgery. I've set a goal weight of 185 this time. Honestly, my biggest reason for losing weight this time is because I miss running. I was never athletic, but when I fell in love with running at 35, I fell hard. I need it back in my life.

Anyway, I know this is a wonderful place for support, because it was integral to my success seven years ago. I've come back a few times, but haven't stayed. I have to make it work this time.

Last edited by LisaMarie71; 07-22-2014 at 11:23 AM.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome back, LisaMarie71! I'm no stranger to regaining weight, so I can relate to your story.

I don't have any insight about gall bladder surgery and any weight loss ramifications, but I am glad you're here because you're right...there's a whole bunch of support and information being given and shared.

You've done it before and you clearly know what it takes....now it's just a matter of figuring it out the medical aspects of it, if any. I wish you all the best and look forward to your posts.

this is NOT what I mean to post here...I meant to post a WELCOME thingy but I guess I should have had my coffee first.

Last edited by luckymommy; 07-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Lisa! I am so excited to see you back here, and thrilled to know you had a second baby. Congratulations!

I returned in 2012, having gained an addition 30 pounds from my original starting point of 250, when I had used you and other successful 3FC'ers as inspiration to get down to about 160. I got almost to Onederland in December 2012, and then slipped back up to 240. So, I'm working on it again.

You were my inspiration for running the first time around, and I'm dealing with a janky knee, but determined to run again. We have a Re-gainers re-losing thread on 100-lb club. Maybe you could join us there.

Regardless, I'm very excited you're back at it again!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 07-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks to both of you for the welcome!

LaurieDawn, I remember you! It's great to hear that I inspired you to run! Let's get back to it together, shall we? I have a janky knee too, and janky hips, and a messed-up Achilles' tendon... And finding time to run is tough now. But I'm ready to get healthy again. I'll check out the regainer thread too.

Last edited by LisaMarie71; 07-22-2014 at 06:19 PM.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote