Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #1  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Default Had this one important morning...

...where I woke up and knew it is time for a change.

Hi you all! *waves*

A bit about me... I am female, 32 years old, from germany and severly overweight.
I am 145 cm "tall" and weighed 89 Kilos.
I haven't always been overweight. I fact, I was a quite sporty person - I was an active theatrical actress. The first gain came, as I got tired of constant job hunting, so tired I took up a job in a call center to have at least some security in life for once. The seated job didnt do me good so I gained a bit, from a healthy (for my height!) 41 Kilos to a still acceptable 50. I would still be active and go biking and to my martial arts training.
Then crohns desease kicked in. The search for my aches took long, and then I was treated with cortisonal meds, and my weight went up again. I had dropped training for most, because training under pain is just no fun.
And then the worst time in my life kicked in. I had moved for a new well paid job (being self employed in a team of three office chicks). Apart from the three chicks I could not make any friends at the new place, and then... I got intestinal cancer. I battled through it all alone, again with meds that made me gain weight, and not moving much for whatever. I had to stomach 3 sets of chemos, lost my long hair and finally went out of it with a severe depression.
Then I was told that my survival chance for the next five years was under 50 percent. I got even more depressed. I got depression meds, again those that had the label "weight gain" and in the end I just didnt care. I said - if I will die I will at least eat what the freak I want.
Now I am 4 years into these 5 years. My prospect on the future is much brighter, but I am now left with these 89 Kilos, which, for my height, is severly obese (BMI at 42.3). I have tried several diets the last years in between, but all that happened was weighing more than before.
I ended up in hospital because I had several nervous breakdowns of which the last one was so hard that my buddy (who lives in the same house than me) had to call the ambulance.

I think this is the start of what turned my wheel around. I had much time to think there, I had to cut my waistlenght hair cause it was FELTED... that was a shock aswell. SO I started dealing with my mental health. I got new meds - interstingly some that downed the thoughts in my mind whilst over the years doctors tried to give me meds that were supposed to make me more active. And finally I can be focused and a bit lighter in my heart. I started taking care of myself more, dressing a bit more extravagant again (which I missed... but I figured a way to not dress in jeans and baggy tshirts - the goddess bless harem pants and my ability to sew). And generally being a little bit more outgoing around friends.
I still work on leaving the house alone which is a big obstacle but I think I will get there. I now have support since I moved to my buddies attic - It had a bathroom but I turned it into a full 65m2 flat myself, doing walls, flooring etc. . His parents live in the floor below me, and my buddy in the "basement". That way I see nice people every day and have a "adopted" family that means a lot to me. My buddies mom says I am the daughter she always wanted next to her awesome son

And about three weeks ago I woke up and said: screw it. I helped myself with so much now and battled through so many things. I can do this weight loss thing. I WILL do it.

Since then I have lost 4.2 Kilos. I screwed all these diets and considered what works for me. I started what I read later is called intermittend fasting. I eat on about 5 hours a day, which makes for a bigger meal and a smaller. I need to be FULL once a day. These meals contain mostly veggies and protein, I include little treats and forbid myself nothing, but I cut "boring" carbs. Why eat bread when an egg tastes so much better? I can have the cheese and sausage without that bread very well. Same for noodles. Veggies taste awesome with noodle sauces

And I started working out. I pulled out my wii and dance pads and shred it with a game called Dance Dance revolution. It is fun, it gets my heart pumping and me sweating without even noticing I work out. I do this to get my joints and body used to the fact we are moving again. next month I want to take martial arts training again and the month after I amt to slowly start training for a 5k in January. I have this date with 2 of my girlfriends, we want to run it together and I think it is plenty of time to train up for it.

The ultimate goal is losing 40 Kilos, but I do have my small goals. 10 is my first. I yet have to think of an reward for it, but just thinking of what I want as a reward is super fun

I registered here because I think supporting each other is important. My close friends are all kind of fit and slim, so I think I could meet people that are more similar to what I go through here.
I looked at some german forums but felt they were not quite what I was looking for. This forum looked awesome, so I ended making this account.

I hope I dont confuse you gals with all that metric stuff.

Off we go and thanks for reading all these many words ^^

PatPat (the sound my feet make on my DDR dance pad ^^)
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #2  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Great to have you join us! You've been through a lot, sounds like you're on the right track! good luck with your plans
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Willkommen und Viel Glück!!
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:22 AM   #4  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Thank you
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote