Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/187/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Trying Something New

Hello everyone. I'll do my best to keep it short, while still including enough info. I have struggled with Binge Eating Disorder and (consequently) being overweight for about 16 years (my entire adult life). In addition, I have PCOS. I separated from my husband 2 years ago, in large part due to his criticism of my weight. It was never about my health, but his desire to have a "hot wife". The hardest part is that I was never more than 25 pounds over when he met me. After 2 kids and 14 years. Smh.

Anyway, like many of you, I've tried many things. A few years ago I worked out hard and counted calories and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. It was amazing! I kept it off for about a year, then my bad coping mechanism reared its ugly head. I'm so fed up. I also deal with depression, and the weight problems fit in with that in a vicious cycle.

I'm right at 190, and want to lose 50 pounds. I'm hoping that having the support of this forum will make a meaningful difference. I don't know how long it will take. I'm going to begin working out and counting calories again until get there. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it.

I'm sick of feeling horrible about myself. I'm sick of abusing my body. I want to be DONE with this as a major issue in my life. I look forward to sharing this with you all.
Enough_Is_Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:16 AM   #2  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello and welcome I hope that you are able to find a plan that works for you. It's so hard to stick to something but if we truly desire something we will push ourselves over the limits to get there. Good luck and keep us posted on your journey
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/187/140

Height: 5'7"

Thank you very much!
Enough_Is_Enough is offline   Reply With Quote