Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:40 AM   #1  

Default Time For A Change

Hello everyone! I've been a forum lurker for about 2 years. Up until now I had never built up the courage to post but at last it is time to admit that sometimes we need help.

I first tried the IP diet in September 2011. My beginning weight was 233 LBS. By January 2012 I was down to 196 LBS. I quit the diet soon after my son was born in February 2012. Physical activity came to a complete halt as I turned into a home body enjoying life as a first time father. My diet went out the window and I gained all the weight back and then some. My health began to really suffer. I developed severe sleep apnea and to top it all off I suffered a significant back injury at work. At that point weight loss seemed impossible.

In May of this year my wife and I had a heart to heart conversation. She was really worried about me and to help me out she suggested that we both begin the IP Diet (now called Essential Protein).

I began the diet on 08 May and weighed in at 251 lbs and 44% body fat.

As of last week my weight is back down to 209 lbs and 31% Body fat.

My goal is to be at around 18%-20% which is about 38 lbs more.

I'm well on my way to reaching my goal but I know from prior experience that I'll occasionally need a little support.

Cheers everyone!
Pobzlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hi!

Although I'm not a lurker, in fact I just found this website, I'm new here as well. I hope that we both can achieve our goals!

shamalongadingdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome!
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #4  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey there and welcome! I, too, lurked around before I decided to make my first post. Congrats on your progress so far and keep up the good work. Keep telling yourself that you can do this and stay committed!
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/272/150

Height: 5'9"

I've never heard of the IP diet, but wow you've lost a good amount since May! That is amazing, you should be so proud of yourself!

How do you follow the diet?

I've done Atkins in the past, and lost about 60 pounds with 20 grams of carbs per day (not counting other macros). I find low carb diets, for me, are hard to maintain in the long run - which brings me here
Biki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:52 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biki View Post
I've never heard of the IP diet, but wow you've lost a good amount since May! That is amazing, you should be so proud of yourself!

How do you follow the diet?

I've done Atkins in the past, and lost about 60 pounds with 20 grams of carbs per day (not counting other macros). I find low carb diets, for me, are hard to maintain in the long run - which brings me here
I'm feeling pretty good about this. My only fear is weight gain. It's happened before so I hope I can control it this time around.

IP stands for Ideal Protein. It's not bad. Kind of similar to Atkins but you are phased off the diet which is supposed to help.

I have been doing great following the diet. I don't eat a lot of carbs. The carbs I do eat are from veggies. Fruit is not allowed. I'm allowed one meal with my own protein (meat) of choice. Everything else is meal packets or protein packets and some dessert bars that I can only indulge on once a day. Over the last week my weight loss has come to a stand still which makes it harder for me to stick to it. My wife is doing this with me so she's my anchor when the going gets tough.
Pobzlo is offline   Reply With Quote