Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-04-2014, 02:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/204/160

Height: 64 inches

Talking Whelp! Here I go!

Hi there! This is my first time on this site, however I am NOT a newbie to dieting/praying to the Skinny Gods. I am a 29 (ALMOST 30) year old, mama of two wild boys who are ages 3 and 1. I used to be insanely fit and active and over the last 10 years I have had a lot of emotional pitfalls that have led to a 60 pound weight gain. I used to love seeing pictures of myself, looking in the mirror, and dressing up to go out. Now I would rather hide inside my house than go out and enjoy my life. Sad, right? Recently I had a "moment", not just for me but for my boys, that made me realize I need to quit hiding and get out there and live my life again. I am the typical yo-yo dieting/exercise person; work out like a crazy person and eat like a rabbit for a couple of weeks and then go crashing back down into a pile of Oreos, carb heaven, and all of those other unhealthy choices. However, this time around I feel like my mental state is different. I have set a goal for myself; 30 minutes of exercise every day, regardless of what it looks like. I also have made simply food goals: drink only water (this is easy for me as I have never really liked anything but water), limit the refined carbs, and goodbye to sweet treats. In the past 8 days that I have been doing this I have felt a huge change in my body. I have lost about 1 pound, which of course I wish was 20, but the most noticeable change has been my energy level and the quality of sleep I am getting. Having two non-sleeping toddlers, I take whatever sleep I can get. I have been sleeping so much harder each night and wake up feeling so energized that I am able to skip my daily coffee. Which is awesome!

I am hoping that this revaluation of how I defined "healthy life choices" will help me stick to these changes long term rather than as a fad. I am bound and determined to get healthy again; for myself and for my family. My emotional and physical state have suffered for far too long. Now is the time!
HomanAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #2  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

You are correct - now is the time. Welcome good job on your success so far and remember it as you continue to move forward. Though you will not see instant results, if you keep at it, you will see progress with time.

I'm 28 and have a 2 year old girl. I, too, was active but managed to let all of that slip away as I got older. You are not alone. A lot of us struggle with weight loss and we are all here to support each other.

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/165/140

Height: 5' 8"

I'm glad you are climbing out of this pit you've been in! Eating healthy really does help with your energy levels. I quit eating sugar and wheat and found a huge difference. Good luck, check in often with us and tell us about your progress!
FitFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

That is an awesome story. Congratulations on your newfound way of thinking. Sometimes its only what's in our minds that keeps us from reaching our goal. I can't wait to see your progress. Keep up that attitude. Its all in how look at things :-) I'm so glad you're already feeling healthier!
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote