New chubby guy here...

• Lost a bunch of pounds in '08 by going off insulin and doing the weigh watcher's thing....tried the same weight watcher's methodology this year while staying on insulin and fell flat on my face.

Checked out the Ideal Protein diet..cannot find any negative on it so went in to sign up. Thought that would be easy.

I follow Better Dowdell and take nutes when I can afford them. According to IP, I would have to stop them and take theirs...no real biggie but they insist I take calcium supplements. And sign a contract saying I would.

I am a rule follower. Normally.

My body produces stones...calcium based. I gave them (IP) a large qty if info why this was this was a bad idea for me and I would like to be excluded from this one supplement.

I should mention that my GP doesn't like this type (fast weight loss) of diet period. 3 days later I received an e-mail that the only way I could do their diet was to get a letter from my GP stating that I didn't need to take the calcium supplement. That is not going to happen.

So I am looking at doing this on my own. I heard that you could by their "products" elseware and really, weekly weigh ins are not a big thing for me..

Is anyone else doing this on their own ?

BTW, I came to your site because you have some ideal protein recipes..

Hope you don't mind a guy here
  • Luv2listn - it's always nice to have another guy join 3FC. There are a bunch of us around, including over on the Ideal Protein Diet Forum which that click will take you to.

Hope you find places that give you support.
  • Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your WOE.
  • Thanks !!! I shall head over there now.. !
  • Welcome to the forum Luv2listn