Need to do this the right way!

• Hi! I am finally ready to do this the right way. I worked my way up to my high weight with binging and just eating whatever, whenever. I've lost 20ish lbs in a restrict/binge cycle and recently went on a diet that cycled my calories between 400 and 1000 calories per day. I lost a lot of weight very quickly, then binged and gained half of it back within a week.

Long story short, I've been having scary side effects from this extreme diet and weight fluctuation. Shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings, chest/muscle pain, ect.

I struggled with anorexia/bulimia as a teenager and saw some red flags popping up again recently. It scared me.

So I'm getting rid of triggers (Instagram is a huge one.) and raised my max calorie intake on myfitnesspal from 800 to 1500. I want to be healthy.

So...help? This isn't going to be easy, and I know that I'm probably going to gain a little weight before I start losing again.
  • Good job, sounds like you recognise the problems Are you seeing a doctor regularly to followup?

I always feel like my eating habits are a reflection of my control issues. When I address my personal issues, my weight drops on its own, and overall I feel like a million bucks. I wish the same for you!
  • Quote: Good job, sounds like you recognise the problems Are you seeing a doctor regularly to followup?

I always feel like my eating habits are a reflection of my control issues. When I address my personal issues, my weight drops on its own, and overall I feel like a million bucks. I wish the same for you!

I definitely have control issues, lol!
    I had a checkup a few months ago, and I am pretty healthy. The newer symptoms are already going away since I'm allowing myself to eat more.