Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Default Hi there!

So here i am ;-) I am starting today with 187(( but i hope to change this number soon:happydance: I hope to find here support and useful tips. I have to admit that i am a VERY lazy girl I do not like sport at all(( I know that everybody dreams to wake up one morning and find himself slim and beautiful. But of course i understand that those are only dreams ;-) And that is why i am here!
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Hi! Welcome...I too am starting up again. We can do this hun! I am starting out at 191. We are about in the same boat. What is your plan to loose? I'm walking and "thinking" about doing the couch to 5K. I don't like running, but I need to kick start this weight loss.
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #3  

Hello Mary! Good to find a person who is in the same boat as you;-) Yes we can do it together!! We need to be strong and motivated! I still did not chose the diet for myself(( Today is my second day of healthy lifestyle. I am thinking about low carbs diet. I also do not like running)) I prefer cycling. Or just walking))
Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #4  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Ginger on day two of being OP, everyday is a victory ... here is my story When I first started 4 years ago. I was quite lazy and really no motivation. I decided I would start out walking and I couldn't walk 20 minutes without feeling like my heart was pumping out of my chest. My problem was portion control and snacking at night was really bad. I joined 3FC on 5/27/10 and started my journey on 6/1/10. I used the days prior to starting to search the forums. I wanted to do Nutri Systems or something of the like but couldn't afford it. I knew with me trying to cook for myself that it would be a major disaster so I opted for a light breakfast and ate a frozen meal for lunch and dinner with a big salad. I eventually got up to 3 miles a day 5-6 days a week (outdoor walking a track) and loss 30lbs in 3.5 months. So you can do it. I now low carb or as close to it as I can. I am not as active as I would like to be even though I know it helps me the more I walk.

Mary back I too have left and come back, ha more times than a few Good luck with C25K if you decide to do it. That's another thing I have started a few times and never got out of the first week. I told my son maybe when I reach 150lbs I'll be able to do it without getting so winded.

Good luck to both of you on your journeys

Last edited by love2b150; 06-04-2014 at 11:07 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #5  

WOW! Awesome Job Rennie! I hope to say I have lost like you did in three months time. I am always so gung ho on the first few weeks then seem to peter out. I hope that doesn't happen this time. I walked again today...thinking I am scarred to do the running part. My boobs are big and I hate when the bounce. My daughter is a marathon runner, wished I had her little boobs. hee hee. She must have genes from her father's side of the family.
Rennie, is there a support group on here that you could recommend for me? I need to be held accountable. That was what I loved about WW. I can't join WW again because of my work hours and volunteer work. I have all the tools but just need to incorporate them into my life.
thanks again.
Mary
Old 06-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #6  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Mary , I gained all of the weight back that I lost in 2010 and came back almost two years ago and it hasn't been as easy this go around but I'm getting there. I know there are some good WW threads on here but I've never ventured into/onto them. I'd love to try it online but they make you pay so many months up front and if I wanted to go in person I can't afford the meetings each week. So that's out I'm sure you have done this but here's the link to all of the weight watchers threads.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/

I have an accountability thread that I start every month and we do what ever gets us/keeps us losing and OP. Everyone and all ways of eating are welcome. You are welcome to join us

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ty-thread.html

Last edited by love2b150; 06-04-2014 at 05:22 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #7  

Thank you Rennie and Patience, I will try pop over to those groups. I did find a GREAT app today for my phone. The gals at work were talking about how much they love it. I tried it out and found that I have been eating WAY too many calories per day. Yikes!!! who knew hummus had so many calories. I downloaded it tonight and did pretty well with only a -1 over my allotted calories for the day. by the skin of my teeth! LOL. Good thing I went on that walk today.

Anyway, the App is called MY FITNESS PAL. Now I can check my progress each day. It says at the rate I am going I will loose 5lbs by July 4th. It takes into account my gender, age, weight and height. I made my goal 150 which I feel good at but I have always had to work to maintain it. So it will be a slow and steady loss, but I am ok with that, because I this to be a life changing way of eating and exercising. I want to be healthy more than I want to be skinny. (if that makes sense)
Old 06-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

For the poster who mentioned big boobs (no delicate way to say that haha), I've recently gotten a really great sports bra through Just My Size. It is wirefree, encapsulates each breast (no uniboob!!) and then has an adjustable panel over the top to control the up and down movement as well - four different degrees of stability. I do Body Attack, Body Combat, Body Flow and Body Pump classes 7-8 times a week and this bra has kept the girls in check (I'm a D cup). I ordered true to size and that was perfect for me, and one more thing - it has a five hook closure so its very secure even if its not a pull over style that you have to wrestle your way into and out of.

Here the link to it if you're want to take a look. I will be ordering 2 more since it is working out so well.

http://www.justmysize.com/plus-size/...ree-sports-bra

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 06-04-2014 at 10:15 PM.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 259/227/175

Height: 5"10

Hi, and good luck :-)
chazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #10  

Thanks a lot girls!! your support means a lot to me!! Today is my 3rd day of healthy eating and watching what i put into my mouth)) I feel good and very proud of myself!! but i want to kill somebody for the big bowl of ice-cream;-))haha)) I am still trying to make myself to do sports(( I can not run (i really can not breath), but i am trying to walk as much as possible! I know that nothing comes easy and it is stupid to wait for fast results. I am trying to motivate myself every free minute by reading all your sucessful stories here! Rennie, Mary and Patience I think you did just brilliant work with yourself!! Envy you a bit, but will take all of you as an aexample and will follow you;-)) Thank you one more time and good luck to all of us!!!May the force be with us!;-)
Old 06-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #11  

THANK YOU so much LesMillsluvr! I will take your suggestion. If that bra is as good as you say, I will be soooo happy! going to order one right now.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I hope you like it as much as I do
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote