Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/130

Default Newbie

Just arrived. Newbie here. Feeling defeated, need to get this started and stay focused. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Last edited by larenzen; 05-24-2014 at 09:24 PM.
larenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #2  
Cake Lover, Pasta Freak

S/C/G: 206/169/120

Height: 5'1

Hey there, dont let the feeling of defeat get to you. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I know its hard, I have been there too. But hey, your not alone. What do you plan on doing for exercise? I would love to have an online buddy.
maleficentpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #3  
Pounds...A Losing Battle

S/C/G: 163/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC...you've found a great source of support and encouragement that I hope you'll take advantage of...good luck on your journey!
Bunny924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/242/150

Height: 5'8"

welcome to this great forum of support, encouragement and motivation.its all here.
Do not let the task ahead bog you down. I am in a similar boat so I totally understand.
Listen to your body ,eat when you are hungry not because you are bored or feeling lonely or depressed or stressed about something else.
I was a emotional eater all my life and relied on food for comfort. I am trying to change that, instead of turning to food now I go out for a walk to clear my head.
Believe me it will come clear to you as you become more self aware.
Try to cut back carbs for a week and replace them with veggies and see a difference, then try cutting on soda for a week and replace with fresh juice of veggies n fruits.
small changes make a big difference. All the best. we all in this journey together .
momcandoit_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #5  

I really cannot say enough about myfitnesspal. A free app you can download to your computer or it works on all of the smart phones, android--I phone, etc. A 3 million food database, including fast food items. Making it so easy to keep track of your daily calories needed to achieve your goal weight.

I also wear a Jawbone UP very similar to Fitbit that syncs with myfitnesspal to let me know how many calories I am burning in a day.

Hopefully this helps you, it sure did me. I am only a few pounds from my goal weight now, and plan on keeping track for the rest of my life with these two items.

Eat less--move more!

Anyway good luck to you, and Welcome!

Last edited by Kscott; 05-31-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote