Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190.6/182.4/125

Smile I Am So Pumped!

Hi everybody!

I'm a 24 year old female with 2 furbabies, a boyfriend, and about 70lb to lose! I've already lost 8.2lb, and I'm super excited to lose my first 10lb. As of right now, I'm not counting calories. I'm just eating less, healthier, drinking tons of water, and exercising for 40 minutes a day. I'm one of those people that weighs every day, which I know is usually frowned upon, but it helps keep me motivated and helps me see what my body does when I eat certain things.

I've been looking through the progress pictures and other posts and you guys are REALLY inspiring. I really feel like I can get to my goal this time around.
shirtshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #2  

Great news, congrats. I am just a few pounds from goal weight now, it's taken a couple of years but it's well worth it. I feel great, years younger, and have a lot more energy. Never going back, I am staying right here.

And I weigh myself everyday too. I plateaued for about six months couldn't get the scale to budge, then I signed up for myfitnesspal, a free app that has a 3 million food database, that works on all the smart phones, making it so easy to track your calories, to meet your goal weight and you can add your exercise routine in there also giving you an accurate picture of calories consumed versus calories burned. This is what finally got the scale going down. I Jazzercise 2 to 3 times a week, and now that it's summer take a hike once a week.

Take care you're doing great.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-23-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

one day at a time, shirtshot, one day at a time. you're off to a great start, and there's no reason you can't keep it going...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I love your enthusiasm!!!

There's nothing wrong with weighing every day as long as you see it positively You're doing a great job already. Keep it up!

What kind of furbabies? Feline or canine variety? :P
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217.5/211/154.5

Height: 5'4"

Yes, you can do it - shirtshot!

While I have counted calories (with MyFitnessPal) and protein/carbs/fat (per The Zone diet), I'm not counting calories right now either. I am definitely eating healthier (no more fast food binges!), drinking tons of water, and trying to move more.

I don't like to weigh myself daily as I feel I become too fixated on the number (you know--having my emotions too tied to the scale). But I'm a big believer in doing whatever keeps one motivated! For instance, my program emphasizes a strong, motivating weight loss initially -- similar to the first 10 lbs you are excited about losing. (You are almost there!) So I say - do what works. If it's daily weigh-ins, then go for it! Good job with the changes you are making!
its2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #6  
Cake Lover, Pasta Freak

S/C/G: 206/169/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
one day at a time, shirtshot, one day at a time. you're off to a great start, and there's no reason you can't keep it going...
Love this! I will be keeping this in mind. Stay motivated! You got me pumped up too. My gym is closed today but my husband and I are going jogging as soon as he gets home.
maleficentpie is offline   Reply With Quote