Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #1  

Default hi new one here

Hi all! I registered a couple years ago but never joined in.
My name is Jessica I'm trying to get healthy and lose weight. I'm 40 and it just seems I have to give myself no choice but to jump in with both feet no more excuses. I have already cut out my wine I won't lie I am aiming for once a week at least. It is better then everyday, right?
What is really motivating me is, well this embarrassing but here it goes. I didn't go to a family members funeral because I was so embarrassed about my weight. I had not seen some of the people there in a few years and I just could face them. That is really horrible and I'm ashamed of my self.
I hope to get some real support here. And I'm trying to be a more open and honest person with myself. That can only help in my real life right?
itsmejessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #2  

You're not alone in this believe me. Obesity is the number one health concern in this nation today--with type 2 diabetes skyrocketing. I am glad you said no more excuses, because that is exactly the type of determination you're going to need to get to your goal weight.

I would suggest that you sign up for myfitnesspal a free app that is very easy to keep track of your calorie consumption during the day. You can also add in workouts on this app--and it actually has a 3 million item database of food calories and other nutrition that has been extremely helpful to me. And it's soooo easy to add in your food. It even has fast food in it's databank.

And don't stay away from family gatherings. As I stated obesity is a big problem and to show you that here is a state to state map of the problem across this country, and of course we have gotten fatter since 2008. We are now considered the fattest country in the world.

Welcome and Good Luck to you, you'll find all the support and information right on this board.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:36 AM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome
itsmejessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Welcome, Jessica. Don't forget 40 is the new 30. Drop on by the 40-somethings support Forums, when you can to share and receive inspiration.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

being open and honest with yourself is the first step towards changing your habits. you can do this!!!! honest!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote