Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/323/140

Height: 5ft5

Default Newbie here- looking for support

My story is very long and I'm on an iPad so it's hard to type but basically I've been fat all my life. Have tried every diet out there. Lost weight many times but never got to goal and always regained it. I'm now the biggest I have ever been and enough is enough. This needs to change. I have been successful in the past with vlcd's but can't afford them right now. I'm a single parent with 6 kids. Oldest is 19 and at uni. Youngest is 4. I have no energy. I can't play with them. I have over half my body weight to lose. My scales at home won't even weigh me. They come up with an error. My kids weights are fine so I know I'm too heavy. I lost weight calorie counting many years ago with slimming magazine diet and I found it again recently so am starting that as of right now. I couldn't understand why I was getting fatter bad fatter until I put in my food so far today and am already 1093 calories over what I should be.
I have no friends here who are calorie counting and my family isn't supportive but I know I can't do this alone.
PinkPowerRanger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #2  

Welcome, you will find the support and information you need right here.

Stop dieting and start a life-style change of eating less--and moving more. If you're overeating by a 1000 calories a day--you're gaining about pound about every 4 days. Not good!

If you're scale is reading error on it you need to find a scale that goes higher-so that you know exactly how much you weigh now.

Once you find that out, you can go to this site to determine where to start.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

With 6 kids that should be keeping you fairly active. Cleaning house, doing laundry, going to the grocery store, etc. If you can invest in a Fitbit anywhere from $60 to $100, it will keep track of the steps you take during the day, and you can sink that with a free app called--myfitnesspal that helps you keep track of the calories you're consuming during the day. They are both so eaa...sy. Myfitnesspal has an enormous database of food from everywhere, including fast food. If you're faithful about entering your food you know exactly how many calories your eating from breakfast to dinner. You can use both of these with your smart phone or computer.

Don't go on any weird diets. They are responsible for yo yo dieting. You lose a lot of weight fast, then gain it back twice as fast, plus some. Stay with normal--just eat a lot less of it. Make healthier choices when you can.

It won't be easy, you'll get hungry, you'll want to quit, but never quit. It's kind of like the airplane--you put your air mask first, before you help the kids put theirs on. If you don't take care of yourself, and you keep gaining weight there will be a time when you won't be able to care for others.

Good Luck to you on this journey!

Last edited by Kscott; 05-21-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/323/140

Height: 5ft5

Thank you. I weighed myself in town this morning and it was slightly over what I thought it was. I have the fitness pal app downloaded. Plus an exercise tracker. My start weight is 339lbs. You'd think I would be skinny with the kids but I'm lazy. I take the car everywhere. I've walked into town from school today. Took a while. And I have to walk back now. It's nice weather at least.
I honestly didn't realise how much I was eating. And all junk food.
It makes sense that I have to think about this as a new way of eating instead of a diet. And yes I need to look after myself so I can look after the kids.
PinkPowerRanger71 is offline   Reply With Quote