Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 339/346/250

Height: 5'5"

Default Wanting to meet some new friends who are struggling like me

I just joined yesterday so this is all new to me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Want to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forum. I would just jump right in and start soaking up threads and sub forums that interest you.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #3  

Welcome, you're at the right place. Remember that you're capable, and in this case it's mind over food. Calories consumed versus calories burned. A great free app to help you along is called myfitnesspal that you can download to your smart phone or computer. They make it very easy to account for your calorie intake during the day based on your profile and your goal weight.

If you can spend $60 to $100 dollars you can get a Fitbit that tracks your steps during day and this device will sync with myfitnesspal. Very helpful with weight loss and activity.

Good luck to you and Welcome.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-15-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I am new here as well. I am just starting my third week of a calorie controlled diet and would second everything Kscott has said. I actually got my fitbit delivered today and have walked 303 steps so far. My Fitness Pal is a great way of monitoring what you are eating - the database has had everything I have needed so far.
Have you planned a program for yourself?
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta83 View Post
Hi. I am new here as well. I am just starting my third week of a calorie controlled diet and would second everything Kscott has said. I actually got my fitbit delivered today and have walked 303 steps so far. My Fitness Pal is a great way of monitoring what you are eating - the database has had everything I have needed so far.
Have you planned a program for yourself?
I am going to wear mine the rest if my life. Lots of people are wearing them. I was stuck on a weight plateau to my goal weight for months until I got myfitnesspal pal and the jawbone up (similar to Fitbit) I wear mine everywhere.

It's just unbelievable how easy it is to keep track of how many calories you're eating and the calories burned during the day.

On myfitnesspal I have just run into one item they didn't have so I entered it into the database. I figured with all the entries others had made I could contribute one haha. They even have fast food. So you go to subway and enter in a 6" turkey sandwich and there it is. So easy.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-16-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote