Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236.5/229/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Brand new and just checking in

I would say I just started my weight loss process last week, but in reality it's been going on for years and years. I got heavy in middle school and it's never really gone away. I'm 41 now and my health is suffering from it, so it's time to do something about it for real this time.

My doctor in January said that I needed to do something - maybe stop eating so much and start exercising? I rolled my eyes and said "thanks for the tips" and went home, but really thought about it. My weight problem isn't in my stomach and never has been. It's in my head. At my next visit, I asked for a referral to a therapist and a nutritionist. I've been going to the therapist since February and I had one appointment with the nutritionist. I had been feeling pretty down and negative about the whole thing. A friend of mine did the Ideal Protein program so I made an appointment near here and went to talk to the woman about it. I basically walked out of there KNOWING I couldn't afford it, I didn't want to have surgery and knew there wasn't any other way.

I got out my phone, brought up the My Fitness Pal app and started counting my calories right then. So far, a week and a half in, I've been religious in counting my calories and I'm feeling extremely confident in the whole process. I'm taking it ONE DAY AT A TIME with the knowledge that if I mess up, I start again in the morning. I've been lurking around this website and finding a lot of inspiration - I hope to find more.
L2859120607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!!! I would say that you can do this. I know, I have used this site to lose the same thirty to 40 lbs at least three times now! Counting calories helps to make you more aware of what you are putting in your mouth, instead of having that mind-body disconnect that I know I definitely had. Also, I would just like to point out that the type of calories you eat do matter, too. You will feel full and nourished on quality real food. If you eat highly processed junk, you are more likely to feel hungry again in a short time. And, if you mess up, don't by any means wait to start again until morning. Start again right then and there!!! You sound like you are on the right track, and I am sure we will be seeing your GOAL post before long!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote