Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/268/120

Height: 5'7

Default New here~!

Hi y'all! My name is Laura and I will be 29 years old in July of this year! I have been over weight for about 13.5 years now. I am at one of my highest right now at 268. When I was 17 I went from 200lbs to 160lbs. After having children my weight just kept going up and hasn't stopped. In 2012 I went from my then highest(245) after having my third child down to 205 and then I quit! I was exercising 7 days a week and eating clean and I just gave up! I am now kicking myself in the booty for giving up. In the past two years I have gained 65lbs! I've decided I have to take back control of my life not only for my health but for my children. I can never play with them longer than 5-10mins because I become winded. It's really sad... I grew up with my mother being obese and never being able to play with my sister and I and I want to be different. I know I can't do it without motivation and help from others so I decided to join this forum for support!
fatchicslim726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5ft 10 (tall!)

Hi Laura!

I'm new too - great to see you're taking the first steps!

How are you planning on getting healthier? Any big plans?!

Good luck either way!
Lydia
MarmiteQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #3  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! You have come to the right place for that encouragement you seek to help you succeed. The guys and gals here are great and others have been in your shoes and succeeded to lose the weight and I am sure you can do it too! Visit often and jump right it and you will see how encouraging they are.

Blessings,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:33 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Hi Laura

there are different ways to go about this but my way is working for me. There is a fair bit of detail involved so if you can take the time, try to read through my blog in the link below. I am not suggesting you follow what i do to the letter but you should be able to pick up some useful tips and some general strategy and awareness that you didn't have before. For instance, trying to exercise for 7 days a week is going to fail sooner or later for most people. I'm one of those for whom it failed. I'm not against exercise per se. I'm just saying it should be a smaller component of a weightloss program.

Last edited by Pattience; 04-08-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote