Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #1  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Default Hello from Arkansas~

Hi there, I haven't been here for ages, kept letting life take me off track with my diet progress, making excuses, and even reaching a point where I convinced myself that I don't need to bother losing weight, it wasn't worth it. Like many others have said, though, I have started feeling crappy, I can't keep up with my boys (9 and 11), and now even a grandbaby thanks to my lovely daughter. My husband deployed the day after Christmas, leaving me to do so much on my own that I hadn't been doing in so long, and I was constantly out of breath trying to keep up...so the day he left, I cleaned out the kitchen and been dieting and exercising ever since.

All this time I have lost a few pounds, but seeing little difference in measurements and it has left me so discouraged. I am strength training a few days a week, and mixing it up with some cardio. Just finished going through rounds of hormone tests at the Dr, to see if there are issues there that might be stalling my weight loss since I had my thyroid partially removed last year.

I was so glad to see this site was still here and hoping maybe I can keep motivated through you all.

~Kenna
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:09 AM   #2  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Kenna!

Boy, you have a lot on your plate with the cards life is dealing you now! Sounds like you are doing well considering the circumstances though. Since you are weight training, maybe you are gaining some muscle which weighs more than fat so that may be the reason the scale isn't moving. Try keeping up with your measurements for awhile. That might show you the successes you are experiencing until that darned scale decides to show the truth!
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #3  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Yeah, I think I was losing a bit in areas we really don't think about (like my face), but most wasn't changing even in measurements. Got the issue cleared up, since I was diagnosed with PCOS, and my insulin resistance was pretty bad too. The doctor thinks I've had it for at least 20 years (since that was the last I saw of my cycle)..so a lot more testing to see what damage has been done and needs addressing. Hoping not much!

I am, however, finally seeing some results. Guess the muscle building has overcome the stubbornness of the rest of my body. Yay.
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote